It's been an interesting couple of years. Growing up in a missionary family, going to church as well as attending christian school have been, for lack of a better word, interesting if troubling. So it is nice to meet other people of a like minded state. You sort of become alienated when everyone you know and associate with are christians.

So I'm rather excited to meet atheists as you can imagine. So hey, I'm Ashik. 

Tags: atheism, atheist, excitement, introduction, new, relief

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha, I do hope to learn, always. 

Give Odin a hello for me :P

Welcome! I also came from an extremely christian environment. I hope you can find the support your looking for here. If you want a good a read (for any atheist really), you should check this out.Atheism in America

Yes, I do like that site. 

Many thanks for the Atheism in America link.

Greetings Dude! And Welcome! Be Yourself and have fun!See ya!

Hello Ashik-

It's nice to meet you. I'm fairly new too. My name is Mary. I hope you find some interesting material to read and make some new acquaintances along the way.

Welcome to TA Ashik! happy to have you in here.

I hope you find all what you need and learn new things in this community...

btw, your last name "Ibrahim" it's arabic "the arabic name of Abraham"

Yes, well my father was a muslim before he became a christian.  

Hi! I was raised in a church off of mormonism for 17 years. This is a good escape for me. Glad you're here. :)

I know a mormon and a wiccan who was raised in a mormon community, so yea I heard it's a bit crazy.  Thanks for the welcome.  

Congrats for your escape from Mormonism.  I'm an escaped Catholic, myself, - over 66 years ago.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service