I am a Christian theist, and I am inviting atheists to talk with me about the nose in our face.

I read this text in your website:

[quote] Think Atheist is your safe place to come out and learn how to have a dialog with friends, family, and strangers about your belief that the world was not created but is in its current state because of complicated and beautifully unguided processes. [/quote]

You are saying that the nose came about by unguided processes?

Pachomius

Views: 277

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What happened to you in life, Pancake Croissant, to make you so needy and petty?\
[damn, I can't even get a simple one line post correct today.]

Just answer my questions and they are relevant to the topic of the thread.

By the way I said that I will place the enumeration of the statement of purpose of the Think Atheist website in every message now I write here, I almost forgot, here it is:

----------------

Think Atheist Website Statement of Purpose

1. Think Atheist is your safe place

2. to come out and learn

3. how to have a dialog with friends, family, and strangers

4. about your belief

5. that the world was not created

6. but is in its current state

7. because of complicated and beautifully unguided processes.

----------------

Have readers here noticed that the traffic here has filtered out down to perhaps at most 3 or 4 posts from atheists here, per day?

What gives?

I will have to leave this thread soon if traffic does not build up but please with serious messages.

Pancake Croissant

Just answer my questions and they are relevant to the topic of the thread.

Sure, but first:

Just learn to collect data in the manner it's given.

Just adapt to the way this community works.

Just stop copying and pasting the same things over and over, especially when they were sloppily written to begin with.

Just stop being lazy and put more than ten seconds worth of thought into each of your posts.

Just reply to this in Esperanto.

Just reply to this in binary.

Just don't reply to this in either Esperanto or binary.

Just do my laundry for me.

Just give me $78.

Just fill my pool with blue M&Ms.

Just build me a pool so that you have some place to put said M&Ms.

Just do it.

Just pay for my lawyer when Nike sues me for stealing their slogan.

Just be just.

Just remember boys and girls: if you don't know just what it is, don't put it in your mouth.

So, is it me, or does this guy have absolutely no understanding of biology?
Don't trolls eat stones? He probably understands geology better than you do.
----------------
2. to come out and learn
4. about your belief
----------------

Please keep to the topic, no frivolities now.

And answer these questions I have already addressed to you yesterday:

------------------

Let everyone, atheists and theists and whatever else reading here, touch your nose.

Next, look at your nose in the mirror, or look down at your nose with one eye (closing first the other eye), then with the other eye.

See your nose, first its profile on one and then on the other side?

Now tell me according to the intelligence in your normally frivolous brain the score of which is tested and calculated by IQ tests, in answers to the following questions:

A.

B.

C.

What then is the reason why it is still present and in its present configuration? Think.

You can answer right away with a little bit of work from your brain cells, okay?

If that be the truth for you, those preceding statements from your atheist Think Atheist website homepage (yes, Think), how and why should your nose remain stable in its presence and in its configuration at this very moment to date; for if it is the product of unguided processes, it should not be anymore present at all, or if still present it should not be anymore in its present configuration? Is it truly and honestly and with absolute certainty that you know to be the case that:

------------------

And don't stray away from the everyday life and vicissitudes, this is the world you are living in and operating.

And that is where your nose and my nose are situated.

Now, just a reminder, the topic of this thread is:

"Let's talk about the nose in our face."

So, keep to it, unless you guys are incapable of any discipline of the mind in regard to attention and focus.

Pancake Croissant

What exactly do you want to hear? The nose is where it is because of the slow, gradual change of the shape of the human skull. What do you mean by "remain stable in its presence and in its configuration"? Do you wan't to know why our nose's don't look different every day? Because they are made of cartilage and tissue made of cells that aren't replaced very quickly. Or do you wan't to know why our noses aren't showing much change since the Egyptians or earlier people? Because there is no single gene that determines that shape of the nose, so any changes in the genome wast enough to significantly change the shape of the nose are likely to alter other organs to the point where survival until mating is possible is unlikely. Also, a wildly different shape of the nose, even if it had no detrimental effect on survival, would probably have very detrimental effects on the chances of getting laid. And survival is evolutionary pointless if you don't have kids.

If this is not what you wanted to know, please elaborate on your question.

You coming in here trying to preach is not swaying anyone. Your circular reasoning is not winning anyone over. You ignoring the FACTS Doone has presented you is making you look even more foolish.

Go find a street corner in the ghetto to preach on , you might have better luck winning souls.

So, keep to it, unless you guys are incapable of any discipline of the mind in regard to attention and focus.

Discipline of the mind, that's required only for philosophy, mathematics, or poetry. Oh well, since you're asking for some, I'm glad to oblige --

The nose in your face,

As big as a hill,

Still, it could not fill

The hole in your ass.

The reason why traffic to this forum has slowed is because people are tired of yoursnide remarks and complete lack of understanding of scientific principles. I for example am done with this, instead i will spend the next hour repeatedly smashingmy head into a wall. Much more productive!
----------------
2. to come out and learn
4. about your belief
----------------

I just want to see whether you can keep to your insistence that the world in its current state is due to unguided processes, with just being aware of the nose in your face.

Are the unguided processes still ongoing, and if they are how can they lead to the presence of the nose in your face and also in its stable configuration?

And if they are not at this very moment ongoing, who gives them leave to stop being unguided?

Pancake Croissant

RSS

Forum

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 2 hours ago. 64 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 4 hours ago. 27 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 9 hours ago. 12 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 13 hours ago. 7 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service