Me and a friend were talking about suicide yesterday and I did some research around the net and I thought it would be best to ask the questions I found on TA.

How should the community relate to the problem of suicide? Should there be any legal constraints at all? 

A. Might it be allowed only to stop the suffering of the terminally ill?

B. What about people whose illnesses deprive life of its meaning–not terminal, but severely handicapped, or dying over years, but not immediately terminal. Should they be allowed to kill themselves?

C. What about those who can't do it themselves? Should assisted suicide be allowed?

D. What about those who can't even decide? Should euthanasia be allowed in any circumstances? 

E. What about those who have failed to leave an advanced directive: If they are left in a vegetative state after an accident, stroke, etc., when is it okay to "pull the plug?"

Please post your thoughts.

Tags: suicide

Views: 166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hows this for a question:

If we were capable of brain transplants, would you still allow euthanasia for the terminally ill when a donor body could be available? (If the operation was government funded...)

Come on guys , there should be some legal constraints !! some of those who want to suicide have mental problems and they are not aware of that ... bearing that in mind , how can  a system defrentiate between those who  have mental and psycological problems and those who haven't ,,,, so , I think , legal constraints , investigations and mental health  assissment should be around !! if after the assissment , the person who wants to end his life ,found aware and able to take the 'responsibility' , then , I think , he should have that right ...

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

A fun test for all you ex-Christians

Started by Emperor Milos in Music. Last reply by matt.clerke 13 seconds ago. 13 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service