So I'm formulating my goals and plans for 2011 and there's one thing I'd like to accomplish but am going to need a bit of help with.  I'd like to learn to think more clearly and logically, if that's at all possible.

I've been out of the religious BS for nearly ten years now but I still find it hard to think through various arguments from theists, take them apart and refute them (which I see happening here to great effect).  Obviously, this is only one use of 'clear thinking' but it's the one that's been on my mind the most lately.

My first thought was to ask for book recommendations but that might be too limited.  There could be films, courses, exercises, groups (Toastmasters?) or lots of other resources out there that hadn't occurred to me.  So, do any of you atheist thinkers have any guidance to offer?  Anything at all... I'll throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Thanks!

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bertrand Russell for the right brain (check YouTube)

Alan Watts for the left brain (avoid the South Park YouTubes)

&

for the cerebral cortex...Popeye

I would like to suggest that you write as well as read.  At times I am presented with a lot of information and it can be a bit more than I can fully absorb and process on the fly, so I start writing down the things I've heard and what I think about them.  This gives me the opportunity to research these things a bit (google/wiki) and further evaluate/develop my thoughts.  Anyway, just a suggestion.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service