Do you ever feel like you are the only one who has not partaken of the kool-aid? Or someone forgot to give you the crazy pills? I went to a mormon funeral today and I was reminded that most people think I'm crazy.  Just feeling like I am in the Twilight Zone.  Anyone else?

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah and I'm so tired of arguing the same arguments over and over just to have them shake their head and poo poo any evidence I can give them regarding evolution, the impossibility of the noah's ark story, etc.  It's like stupidity is just a permanent program that cannot be deleted.  Religion is a killer virus.  Few survive.
Only for about 50 years.
What is a mormon funeral like?
in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king....
“Just feeling like I am in the Twilight Zone.”

Unfortunately...... you are in the Twilight Zone.

I'm curious about the Mormon funeral, too. What was it like?

I had a Mormon friend who told me she'd pray me into their family in heaven so I could spend eternity with her. Not sure how that works, though, but I asked her not to.

Usually mormon funerals are really long.  Like over 2 hours.  It is basically a parade of people saying that they know the LDS church is true and that the deceased loved the savior and that they believe in the plan of salvation.  They continually talk about how they "know" the church is true.  Like they have to convince themselves (and everyone else).  And someone always makes the point to let non-mormons know that they are inferior because they do not have the gospel in their lives.  It's crazy.  I'm going to another mormon funeral next week.  Wish me luck.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 0 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service