Hi Guys.

While religious texts have massive contradictions, poorly worded phases, and a lacking of any understanding of the workings of the universe and imagination, are there any KO arguements (rather than the Hitchins's morality attack) that ridicual the bible for its infancy so clearly that even a theist will feel shame, the kind of arguements that are easy to remember and work on most denominations of christianity.

Things like: Why did god make the jews, a small band of inbred bronze-aged goat herders, his chosen people rather than the much more sophisticated Chinese or another Eastern empire. etc

Thanks in advance.

Tags: arguements

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Or allow a child to die AIDs, etc.

I hate it when theists fall back on the 'god is mysterious' line as if it solves anything.

In Romans 1:20 says Paul (and there is near complete scholarly consensus Paul is indeed the author) that atheists have no excuse for denying the existence of God because we can see undeniably the evidence of the existence of God in the world as is.

(1:20) "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (1:21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."

This is not a KO question, but how would the gentle theist, when ignoring my vainglorious ingratitude and stubborn refusal to accept the clear evidence lain out in front of my eyes, respond to his own inability to come up with anything resembling a plausible, much less a convincing case from inductive reasoning for the existence of a God, when all we actually do see in this vein is a bunch of transparently fallacious rhetoric.

In Romans 1:20 says Paul (and there is near complete scholarly consensus Paul is indeed the author) that atheists have no excuse for denying the existence of God because we can see undeniably the evidence of the existence of God in the world as is.
(1:20) "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: (1:21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."

This is not a KO question, but how would the gentle theist, when ignoring my vainglorious ingratitude and stubborn refusal to accept the clear evidence lain out in front of my eyes, respond to his own inability to come up with anything resembling a plausible, much less a convincing case from inductive reasoning for the existence of a God. All we actually do see in this vain is a bunch of transparently fallacious rhetoric.

I'm not very good on the scripture side of things. Thanks

Ah, I see something gone wrong again. I was trying to replace "vain" with "vein" but instead replaced the entire text with a single " ".Thank you ever so politely for saving it.
All good. I actually thought that I had done something wrong as I was replying when it went blank. I got the text from the automatic email notification service that TA uses.
What do I say to Catholics that approve of evolution? Like they think it was part of gods greater glory? Thanks could use some help

Actually, much of the Catholic church now accepts evolution. They reconcile this "theistic evolution" with original sin in several interesting ways. Most seem to think that at some point after billions of years of waiting patiently, the first biological human male and female appeared and God injected them with a set of souls...

...or something.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service