Hi Guys.

While religious texts have massive contradictions, poorly worded phases, and a lacking of any understanding of the workings of the universe and imagination, are there any KO arguements (rather than the Hitchins's morality attack) that ridicual the bible for its infancy so clearly that even a theist will feel shame, the kind of arguements that are easy to remember and work on most denominations of christianity.

Things like: Why did god make the jews, a small band of inbred bronze-aged goat herders, his chosen people rather than the much more sophisticated Chinese or another Eastern empire. etc

Thanks in advance.

Tags: arguements

Views: 217

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My main question for theists is if god is omnipresent then what is the point of trying to find something that has never gone anywhere to begin with? When I tell people that I am an atheist they always tell me to seek god for myself. But it doesn't make sense to look for something or someone that is technically always there. 
Why didn't Jesus denounce slavery?

He would have been very unpopular if he did that 2000 years ago, after the OT said that it was alright.

That didn't stop him from denouncing other parts of the Old Testament. Of course, if he'd denounced slavery, it might have gotten him kill- Oh, right. Never mind.
I don't see Christians making a claim about Jesus running a popularity contest.
With a Messiah on every street corner, I would have thought he had to. Although he only had 12 people following him. Modern cult have a better attendance rate than that.

Epicurus said it best:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is God both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Thats my favourite quote of all time.

Mine to ;)
This isn't really a question... but show them the evidence that Jesus probably never existed at all.
What proof is there that jesus ever existed? perhaps

I have never been able to worship/follow a god who allows or permits a child to run into a street and be struck down by a vehicle.

Oh yeah- the ways of the Lord are mysterious and should not be questioned. Heard that one before?

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 16 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service