Arrrgh! Bliksem!! Went out to feed my fishies this morning and found a trail of muddy bare footprints trailing across my carport floor. They weren't mine or my Daughter's. When I got to my fish-room, half my fishies were missing!

So much for all my expensive, razor-wire topped walls, electrified fences, devils-fork palisades, and motion detectors!

Must be kids, Judging by the size of the footprints.

Taxi, my dog, kicked up a fuss in the middle of the night, but I was, like, really tired, and sleeping more soundly than I'd slept in a long time, so I just threw a pillow at her... Sorry Tax...

'Stru's bob, if I trap the buggers, I'll do an Oscar on them!!!

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stealing fish? What the hell? Why would they steal fish? I swear, if these burglars could pick up a pool they would take that too. I suppose it's kinda the norm around here though. A few years ago we were broken into and they stole my brothers roll on deodorant and razors (among the usual things) and they went through my cupboard picking and choosing what they wanted. We had an electric fence and an alarm system and they still got in and had the time to leisurely decide that they liked that one shirt that was at the bottom of my pile in my room after cleaning the rest of the house out.

Teri, Judging by the size of the footprints, they were prob'ly just a couple of kids scoping out neighbors yards for kicks.

The fish were not valuable per se, just some guppies, but, dammit, they were my guppies. If they really wanted them, all they had to do was ask, and I'd have given them some.

Just when I'm feeling all safe and secure in my little fortress, a couple of zitsqueezings sneak in and out like they were ghosts. Guess it's time to re-evaluate my security system.

What worries me is that, if they keep this up, someone's going to shoot them before they're even old enough to enjoy their first wet-dream.

Oh, sorry I must have completely missed the kids part of your post. Don't know how I did that. I just ask why fish. I wonder how they took them.

There are enough nets and transport bags lying around. Prob'ly used some of those.

Seem like they know something about fish-keeping, otherwise, they'd probly just have vandalized the place. Guess I should be grateful they didn't do that anyway.

Strass. You nincompoop. Those fish laid eggs filled with a valuable ink. Jet printer ink. Do you have any idea how much jet printer ink is worth per ml ? Even if those fish lay a couple thousand per month each you'd be in on a fortune. And your dog knew all about it. Poor Tax. He was trying to save you a fortune.

He-he.. Good one, Dude... Like I said, they're Guppies, and unfortunately, guppies don't lay eggs, they're live bearers. It's awesome... Kinda like watching teeny tiny puppies being born... but, I'm sure you knew that. :)

Hey! That rhymes. Guppies an' Puppies

Wizards are quick to anger, but not so subtle. Props to anyone who get's the reference.

He-he... Reference to Gandalf... er... Thanks... (I think).

Originall quote: "Do not meddle in the affairs of Wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Gildor, Three is Company, LOTR

Partially. Also a reference to The Dresden Files, first scene of Storm Front. Mailman is asking about Harry's door, which labels him as a professional wizard. "So, what, like for real? The whole subtle and quick to anger thing?"

"Not Soo Subtle. Can I have my mail please?"

Originally by Tolkien, Dude, but swiped by a lot of people.

Also used in Babylon 5:

"There's an old saying: 'Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.'" -  'Elric' the Technomage (Babylon 5's equivalent of Wizards), in The Geometry of Shadows.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 7 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service