This discussion is on a more lighthearted side! Post any stupid quotes said by creationist in an evolution debate or about evolution here. And we'll all have a good laugh! ;)
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them in-depth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know that much about it does not bother me in the least. " - Posted by: AV1611VET on Christian Forums

Tags: Evolution Defenders Discussions, Stupid Creationist Quotes

Views: 3651

Replies to This Discussion

"Someone has to stand up to the experts" - Don McLeroy, Texas School Board Chairman
Good one.
RAmen to that!
"There are a lot of things I have concluded to be wrong, without studying them indepth. Evolution is one of them. The fact that I don't know much about it doesn't bother me the least." - AV1611VET
"Behold the atheist's nightmare. Now if you study a well-made banana, you'll find on the far side there are three ridges. On the close side, two ridges. If you get your hand ready to grip a banana, you'll find on the far side there are three grooves, on the close side, two grooves. The banana and the hand are perfectly made one for the other. You'll find the maker of the banana, Almighty God, has made it with a non-slip surface.

It has outward indicators of inward contents - green, too early; yellow, just right; black, too late. Now if you go to the top of the banana, you'll find, as with the sodacan makers, they placed a tab at the top, so God has placed a tab at the top. When you pull the tab, the contents don't squirt in your face. You'll find the wrapper which is biodegradable, has perforations.

Notice how gracefully it sits over the human hand. Notice it has a point at the top for ease of entry, just the right shape for the human mouth. They're chewy, easy to digest and it's even curved towards the face to make the whole process so much easier. Seriously, Kirk, the whole of creation testifies to the genius of God's creative hand." - Ray Comfort

This is even funnier written down.
YES!!! THE BANANA DISPROVES EVOLUTION THEORY!!! All you need next is the "peanut butter disproves evolution theory!" lol
I was watching "You have been watching" yesterday. Oh, it's on youtube, here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Jx5q5Npn8

The host esxposes a British audience to Ray's banana argument, they CAN themselves when he says "behold the atheist's nightmare". I think after that, they just become speechless.
A counter thought for Ray Comfort:

Isn't it amazing too Ray that the banana has shared that same comfortable grip and easy opening, digestion capacity, and the nutritious bounty of all that potassium, magnesium, vitamins, etc with the earliest hominids helping to speed them on their evolutionary path toward modern homo-sapiens? Amazing that our visual acuity developed to be very well adapted to chromatic scales so that we could best see what fruits were ripening and ready to consume?

Or Ray, did you ever notice that the same banana can be held in hands and feet of some of our closest relatives? That MUST mean that since they are still living on the fruit while our diet is far more varied than theirs, that perhaps your "God" intended for apes and other primates to have and enjoy bananas? Maybe you have taken God's divine plan for the banana entirely out of context! Better be careful Ray, he has killed mortals for far lesser offenses, according to your bible.

By the way, first it was an apple, and now you guys are all about the banana! What is it with Christians and fruit? Give it a rest Ray.

It is pretty funny! Thanks for sharing that one!

- Erik

Ha, not bad considering that the banana wouldn't even exist without human intervention,the fruit is actually derived via artificial selection ( which ironically demonstrates how things can "evolve" albeit artificially) from the plaintain or wild banana and is actually sterile.

the original wild banana is different in shape with inedible seeds and needs to be cooked to make it edible.

but then again ray,don't let little things like facts get in the way.

You'll find the maker of the banana, Almighty God, has made it with a non-slip surface.

Apparently... this is a "non-slip surface" to Mr. Comfort:

A completely analogous metaphor might be made about the hand of man and his penis - does this mean that god designed it for masturbation?  If so, why are Catholics so against it?
LMAO

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Discussion Forum

Evolution Evidence - Post your favorites here

Started by Jay. Last reply by Suzanne Olson-Hyde Nov 16, 2011. 5 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com