hi, my name's mike. I've read some of your info and I wonder
if you really have any hope in life.Your site make's me wonder if your
emtey inside.I mean; I've had my share of crap happen in my life, but
really deep down, is this something that gives you comfort. I'm only a
young man and I really havn't had a taste of life yet, I'll be honest
with you in saying I don't understand life, and neither do you, nor
anybody for that matter, but, what if your wrong. I mean what if there
really is a God. are you willing to put your soul on the line.If you ever
get to read this I'd like to hear back.
is believing in god something that gives you "comfort"?
Comfort (Com"fort) (?), n.
[OF. confort, fr. conforter.]
1. Assistance; relief; support. [Obs. except in the phrase "aid and comfort."] Shak.
2. Encouragement; solace; consolation in trouble; also, that which affords consolation. "In comfort of her mother's fears." Shak. "Cheer thy spirit with this comfort." Shak. "Speaking words of endearment where words of comfort availed not." Longfellow.
3. A state of quiet enjoyment; freedom from pain, want, or anxiety; also, whatever contributes to such a condition.
I would like to start out by defining hope from, Webster's College Dictonary.
1) the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out well.
2) a particular instance of this feeling: The hope of winning.
3) grounds for this feeling in a paricular instance: There is little hope of his recovery.
4) a person or thing in which expectations are centered: The medicine was her last hope.
5) something that is hoped for
6) to look forward to with desire and reasonable confidence.
7) to believe, desire, or trust: I hope you will be happy.
8) to feel that something desired may happen: We hope for an early spring.
9) to place trust; rely
Now, I don't think you have to be religious to have hope. Even an Atheist can pull that off. I hope I have cleared this up for you. See, I am an Atheist and I have hoped. Yes, Atheists can hope. They just don't hope in god. This is because we don't believe in him and don't need him to live a productive, ethical life.
We are not empty. We get comfort from the things that we do, people we love and care for, and all of the wonderful things that life has to offer. There are many things that have happened in our lives too, good and bad. We just don't give god the credit for them. We take responcibility for our own actions.
I have a question for you. How can you say that we don't understand life, if you don't? If you don't understand life, you are not qualified to make a statement that we don't either.
What if you are wrong about god? In my opinion, the probrability of god existing is slim to none. There is no emperial evidence to say that he exists and I will not blindly follow anything without evidence.
Hypotheticly speaking, if there was a god then he would have a lot to answer for. The Abrehamic gods are not nice. I would also have a lot to say to them about the way they conduct their buisness. I don't like their brutallity.