with you in saying I don't understand life, and neither do you, nor
anybody for that matter, but, what if your wrong. I mean what if there
really is a God. are you willing to put your soul on the line.If you ever
get to read this I'd like to hear back.

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Toupe' sir.

(Yes I know I spelled "Touche'" wrong, it's a little joke only Pegasus and I know)
I'd rather be honest about what I believe than pretend to be something I'm not in an attempt to save my "soul". The simple fact that you look at this site proves that you doubt what you are told is truth, but instead of being honest with yourself, you attempt to question if we are empty inside. Well no I'm not empty, in fact I get more enjoyment out of life now, than I did when I was a believer. Life is a mess, but you only get one mess, so I choose to see it for what it is and make the most of it. I won't waste my days waiting for something that probably won't come.

You say you've had your share of crap in life and then turn right around and say you haven't really had a taste of life yet. In that case stop trying to speak on things you have no clue about and go live your life. When you wake up and start to have rational thoughts then maybe we can talk, until then focus on trying to keep you butt out of hell (it's really hard to do, have you read Lev.?) I don't think god wants anyone in heaven.
Pascal's Wager... not a great argument, especially since there are so many other religions to consider. What if the Hindus have it right, or what if the Greeks did?

I love when people assume that those without religion have no hope. Maybe I should write a blog about how much hope I have now BECAUSE I'm not Christian anymore... hmmm...
Mike,

There is nothing more beautiful than knowing you are the absolute best your species has to offer. It's true for all of us, every person, plant, bird, bug. Finding meaning in what is real is so much more powerful than finding meaning in tom foolery.
If I may, this puts me in mind of the book I am reading atm - Cryptonomican by Neal Stephenson.
This quote appears early on in the book and is one of my favorite all time quotes:

"Let’s set the existence-of-God issue aside for a later volume, and just stipulate that in some way, self-replicating organisms came into existence on this planet and immediately began trying to get rid of each other, either by spamming their environments with rough copies of themselves, or by more direct means which hardly need to be belabored. Most of them failed, and their genetic legacy was erased from the universe forever, but a few found some way to survive and to propagate. After about three billion years of this sometimes zany, frequently tedious fugue of carnality and carnage, Godfrey Waterhouse IV was born, in Murdo, South Dakota, to Blanche, the wife of a Congregational preacher named Bunyan Waterhouse. Like every other creature on the face of the earth, Godfrey was, by birthright, a stupendous badass, albeit in the somewhat narrow technical sense that he could trace his ancestry back up a long line of slightly less highly evolved stupendous badasses to that first self-replicating gizmo–which, given the number and variety of its descendants, might justifiably be described as the most stupendous badass of all time. Everyone and everything that wasn’t a stupendous badass was dead."

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 52 minutes ago. 3 Replies

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 12 hours ago. 39 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 0 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service