It's a verificable fact: Jesus and Santa were white men

Fox "News" actor Megyn Kelly stressed today that, "...by the way, for all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white. But this person is arguing that we should also have a black Santa, but, you know, Santa is what he is, just so you know, we're just debating this."

While defending the Caucasian ancestry of the imaginary Santa Claus, Kelly added, "Jesus was a white man, too. He was a historical figure. That is a verifiable fact. As is Santa. I just want the kids watching to know that. How do you just revise it in the middle of the legacy? Of the story? And change Santa from white to black?"

Kelly is claiming it's a verifiable fact that Jesus existed, that he was a Caucasian child born to dark olive-skinned Jews, that he spent his life living in Africa and the Middle East. In other words, Kelly says it's a verifiable fact that Jesus looked like the Caucasian guy on the left, but not the brown guy on the right.

Kelly made no mention of how she factually verified the whiteness of Jesus. (And of course, she didn't.) Absent any verification, we're left with conjecture.

The dark skin tone of the people who lived in that part of the world at the time suggest that Jesus (if he existed) if seen today, would be described as a black man, or at least brown-skinned. From a social perspective, we have other clues; he called other men his brothers, public officials hassled him everywhere he went, authorities beat him up in custody, and he couldn't get a fair trail to save his life.

But I digress. Let's talk Santa.

Tags: Jesus, Santa, race

Views: 504

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As a student, at another group house, I lived with Malasian moslum kids for several months. During that time, in late spring -summer, one of the tenants suggested that I was a 'white demon'. At the time I had my shirt off and held my arm next to his, 'see I am just about as dark as you, give me a few weeks I could be much darker!'

About 2000, I took part in a sensitivity training given by the Philosophy department. We had about 40 students show up for the class. At the end of the class the prof had us all line up from darkest skin to lightest. NO ONE, was exactly the same color! I was about in the middle of the range!

Maybe a Fox cheerleader or two will be able to define for us what "black" really means in modern times, anyway? They do say Obama's black, right? Apparently, it's still only white people who define the  pedigrees.

I thought Obama considered himself bi-racial?

I don't remember, but I hope so. It irritates me when people reinforce certain language just for the sake of tradition. For example, I still hear conservatives claim that racism's no longer a problem "because look, we have a black president"!

I have sometimes been surrounded by very bright, and well educated blonds. I have never found a strong signal implying that blonds are by definition 'fools'. Sadly the outlyers do exist, and a few monopolize our public attention I expect.

I expect there was no personal censure in operation at the time of this comment. No appropriate 'off switch' was active, and no 'common sense 'application' installed. Having watched FOX, off and on for years, it appears that many of their 'characters' are selectively chosen for their weak connection to any 'reality' that seems to exist other than between their corporate ears. While I can many times appreciate their humorous gafaws and snafu's, which seem to be on par with the '700 Club'. If I want something useful from them it is mostly the weather, which I expect, since it only has a marginal political utility, is presented as is.  

Ok, I was wrong, the whole thing is mostly nuts, and muddled up to rafters....

Look what this has caused...

Teacher scolds black student for Santa costume because 'Santa is white'

http://rt.com/usa/teacher-scolds-black-student-santa-342/

And since when was Santa female?

since christmass :p

Teacher scolds black student for Santa costume because 'Santa is white'.

I don't know what's worse; that a teacher racially demeans a student in front of his classmates or that school officials think the proper response is: 'sorry' now let's remove the student from that classroom.

Grotesque.

it is

Fox 'News' actor Megyn Kelly has defended herself after spending several days as the butt of late night jokes for insisting it's a "historical fact" that Jesus and Santa are white men. Kelly portrayed herself as the victim of "race-baiting" haters of Fox 'News' who lack a sense of humor. (Just ask Don Lemon who, after viewing Kelly's segment, was incapacitated by laughter for several seconds on a live broadcast.)

Kelly claimed it was "an offhand jest" when she told "kids" Jesus, like Santa, "just is white". The rest was just "the knee-jerk instinct by so many to race-bait and to assume the worst of people, especially the people employed by the very powerful Fox News Channel."

Kelly glossed over her reference to "historical fact" and cited personal experiences with "white" Santa in modern times as the reasons for her declaration. She acknowledged (sort of) she was wrong about white Jesus. Apparently, white Santa is still on the table.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Blog Posts

Zella Mae Jarrett

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 19, 2014 at 11:35pm 2 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com