The kind of moment I hoped would never happen.

It happened.

The moment that I will never forget where my son's life flashed before my eyes. I was seconds away from losing him....

I took the kids swimming....my son and 2 other children who are now like family, ages 7 and 2....

My son didn't want to swim, he just wanted to watch, and throw the balls at us and squirt us with water guns...

My attention was on 3 places at once. I thought I could handle it safely....

Then....I heard a splash.

My son was in the water. He did very well. He was basically swimming on his own! But I saw him take in some water. I got to him in what seemed like forever but was only a couple of seconds. I got to thinking....

What if I hadn't seen him before it was too late? A HUGE wave of guilt came over me and I cry as I type this.

I have to admit.

I thanked God for drawing my attention to him so quickly. A couple of seconds later, and....

Views: 781

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am sorry to hear what happened and glad your son is OK

Then about the God thing, well were you brought up in a religious family ? 

No, but I became a Christian as an adult...before becoming an atheist...

Thank you for the well wishes.

O.k, thanks, I just wondering because sometimes when people are brought up in a religious family, and they escape that and become atheists, when experiencing traumatic events they refer back to those taught beliefs.

Its a pleasure and thank you

I remember when I was a kid, getting hit buy a car, being thrown over 30 feet and landing back on the curb. I didn't pray. That was not my first thought. However, being a mother, I can understand why you would say, "Thank God". Most of, during our lives, have been conditioned to think that way and it is an automatic response and perhaps makes you feel better.  I am glad your well and your family is fine. Natural occurrences and accidents happen every second of every day. How man of us on here, stop and say " Thank God" for some reason or other. Is it not unlike saying something, "Drop dead," when you're angry at someone. Like a brain reflex. You don't mean it but you are temporarily appeased.  :))

Thank God! Thank Heavens! They are boilerplate exclamations and only mean something if they actually mean something to the person who utters them.

Thank fuck, is what I tend to explete :)

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service