It came from FACEBOOK! Crazy things your friends have posted on Facebook about faith that drive you nuts.

So I'm sure we all have Facebook friends that post crazy, amusing, disturbing things about god. So what are the worst or most amusing things that you have seen? That and do you ever respond to these posts or just ignore them or even just delete people from your friends list? Furthermore how have other people reacted to your own posts about Atheism or subjects that might go against the faith of friends or family?

Tags: crazy, cringe, disturbing, facebook, god, jesus, media, on, posts, social

Views: 3471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't use facebook a lot, but my greatest religious horror and anger i got it from a response to a post that i made, my post was about a multidisciplinary study/consensus which warned that if we do not act immediately 90% of all marine species will go extinct in a 100 year time due to pollution and global warming. The response was: "That's awful, let's pray for it not to happen"

That is great... it made me chuckle at the insanity of the suggestion that praying will clean the oceans.

That's a fine response...assuming when they say pray they actually mean cut pollution output to zero and clean the environment back to pristine condition.

I actually just posted a picture that I took a few minutes ago. I came back to my parent's house to visit after I got out of class today and when I went into the kitchen, I found this hanging on the fridge for my sister:

And I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this. I posted it on my Facebook page with a caption saying: "Seriously? They're charging people to be "Confirmed Catholics" now? What a joke!"

Some people, no doubt, will find this offensive... but how do they think I feel when they post stuff like, "Atheists will burn in hell. (Insert some crazy verse from the bible here)."

Yeahhhhh...... lol

This^ was posted on my friend's wall, and here's the discussion that followed:

CK: so why did god make apes look exactly like slightly more primitive versions of us? do you deny the very obvious similarities between primates, and the difference between them and the rest of the animal kingdom? i've seen plenty of people that look exactly like apes, just with more evolutionarily refined bodies. and not just physical characteristics, either. if you line us up at the end of a row of primates in evolutionary order, it's just a clear and natural progression... i don't understand how you ignore the evidence.

JG: You can line up anything. For example, I could say that the spork is the missing link between the spoon and the fork. And similarities point just as much to a common designer as a common ancestor.

CK: amazing...

Here are some other things aforementioned person has posted since _last week_.

"Atheists have faith when they say they don't have an explanation as to how their theory can work in reality, but there must be an explanation and they will still hold to their now-defunct belief."

"Can you find the logical problem behind this reasoning? I don't like God, therefore He doesn't exist! While much of the "dislike" is based off misunderstanding, it still does not make a difference."

"Atheists think Christians are stupid for believing we are intelligently designed, and think they are smart for believing they are not designed intelligently at all. Oh, the irony."

"Philosophy, logic, and Christianity are the best of friends."

"The Chapel of *****'s Facebook Page will begin in one hour. I encourage you to take your seat on my profile at that time. The sermon is titled "Will there be gay people in Heaven?" In this service, you are free to pass notes in the form of comments. May God bless you." And he actually had a sermon on his Facebook via statuses. o.0

I keep him on my friend's list so I can argue with him, and because his posts amuse me.

But science doesn't say that. At least not from what I've heard. The way I see it, science doesn't say "everything came out of nothing" but it says we have been able to calculate our origins from this point, anything before that we have insufficient records of so we don't know but we can theorize. This, to me, is as honest an answer as we can get today so I'll have to disagree, I don't think they have a point at all regarding that issue.

At least this is rather amusing, rather than a straight face-palm :D

Come on, CK, everyone knows the spork was designed by dolphins. 

I'm getting really tired of reading "repost this if you love god (he just watched you read this). Reminds me of the guilt tripping type theists are... Also it's silly.

Yeah totally... not on FB but in general... So ridiculous, you're supposed to be 'set free' from guilt because of what Jesus did for you, yet you're barraged with passive-aggressive (at best) guilt trips for not spreading that 'news'. What a virus.

Someone I knew in elementary school (Catholic school) recently added me. She was non-religious for a while. She even used to post anti-religious things. She met a man, converted to Islam for him and married him and now frequently posts things on how wonderful Islam is. She posted this quote that I find ridiculous: "Science investigates, religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge which is power, religion gives man wisdom which is control. -MLK jr"

She also once posted that Islam is the best form of guidance and how western influences are poison. I enjoy reading her posts because it really drives home how people can get brainwashed so quickly and so thoroughly. 

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas 4 minutes ago. 153 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service