It came from FACEBOOK! Crazy things your friends have posted on Facebook about faith that drive you nuts.

So I'm sure we all have Facebook friends that post crazy, amusing, disturbing things about god. So what are the worst or most amusing things that you have seen? That and do you ever respond to these posts or just ignore them or even just delete people from your friends list? Furthermore how have other people reacted to your own posts about Atheism or subjects that might go against the faith of friends or family?

Tags: crazy, cringe, disturbing, facebook, god, jesus, media, on, posts, social

Views: 3500

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A friend of mine has posted this at least a couple of times. I don't respond or else it'll turn into an argument with him and is far right-wing Christian friends. This from a guy who didn't have a job for YEARS and made money hustling pool. He lived with me and my (now estranged) husband for several months, but could never seem to have the money for his rent. I had to ask him to finally move out, though we maintained our friendship. He's also 1/2 Eskimo and receives free healthcare but is so against it for anyone else. He is the perfect example of one who has no problem judging others and condemning them though he's exactly what he despises about others. I just don't get it.

As for how my Christian facebook friends respond to my left-wing political posts and posts on religion and atheism, they keep very quiet. I try not to post anything attacking them, so they really have no reason to be offended. They abide by the facebook etiquette...if it's on MY wall, keep you mouth shut. If I post it on THEIR walls, then they have reason to be upset. Surprisingly, I haven't lost any "friends" in awhile. Maybe they just can't help themselves and wait to see what I'm going to post next! LOL

I think I can accept the handgun... you know as protection from the radical militant fundies that will start to come out of the wood work as they continue to lose more control in our nations affairs.

Response: "Is that because they are both used to kill?" }:)

gross

"I believe in Jesus Christ and have accepted him as my personal savior. One facebooker has challenged all believers to put this on their wall. In the Bible it says, If you deny me in front of your peers, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven. This is simple. If you love God and are not afraid to show it."  

I saw this one today for the first time in a year or so.  It's bAAAAAk!  Ugh.  Why can't people do right by their god and have an original or reverent thought pertaining to said god?  Too bad the woman who posted this is a friend and someone who I care not to upset over something like this.  *sigh*  So irritating.

To me this is just as bad as those post this or you will have bad luck for 7 years things or the Bill Gates will donate $ for every repost of this status etc.

Nothing like giving all the credit of your own hard work and success to someone else willingly. Just like when that plane was landed in the Hudson safely and how you started seeing by the hand of god pictures. I was like no... those people are safe because of damn good pilot named Chesley Sullenberger who has flown for the airline for 30 years. Not to mention had years of military training flying an F-4 Phantom and attended the Air Force Academy during which he was part of the glider program there....   I'm thinking god didn't figure into this much

Oh, but 'God' chose the pilot whom he had ensured had had all that training so that he was in the right place at the right time so he could save those people that would otherwise have died... 

Of course, if they had died, then that would have been part of "God's plan" all along....

One is left wondering whether this deity doesn't have some multiple personality disorder... }:)

Generally, religious posts on facebook take 3 forms

1. Thank god I achieved X (so do you want the pat on the back or not?)

2. Thank god I received X (and next year for your birthday you're getting a Dean Koontz book from me)

3. Just have faith (either about having faith god will supply your needs, or have faith and stop thinking so much... Either way advising apathy is a great way to get things done)

I have to laugh at people who get all upset about calling Christmas "Xmas"... Symbolically it's the same exact thing.

LOL! I've seen that exact post a few times already. I soooo want to respond, but it just gets to be a frustrating, fruitless venture.

I just tell them that one of the advantages of being a Heathern is that we get to dance naked around a bonfire to celebrate Winter Solstice.  It generally quietens them.  And when I see their eyes widen followed by a smile, I know what they were envisioning.

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service