A 13 year old girl was murdered in her bedroom today. Her father was in the living room when he heard screams coming from her room. Her ran to her and found a 17 year old Palestinian leaning over her, stabbing her repeatedly. The father called for assistance and the assailant was shot dead by police. The girl didn't make it.

This is the latest tragic event in the current wave of violence that has been raging through Israel for the past six months. Hundreds of israelies have been injured in the past six months in such attacks. We've had a man machine gun a pub in tel aviv, two more go on a shooting spree in a shopping mall. We've had a bus taken hostage by two men, stopped only by alert citizens who rammed into the bus with their cars- stopping a potential massacre. We've had a mother open her house door to find a teenager with a knife, who stabbed her to death in front of her whole family. We've had a suicide bomber blow up a bus. We've had two 12 year old boys run with scissors and screw drivers – stabbing and murdering random children. We've had two teenage girls who stabbed an elderly man to death. We've seen an elderly woman come up to a policeman, only to pull out a knife and stab him in the neck. we've seen a man steal an m-16 from a soldier and open fire on passers by in a central bus station. We've seen a man ram his car into a bus stop, killing one man, then exiting his car with an axe and hack another bystander to death. We've had drive by shootings at cars, wiping out families. crowds of people have been run over by cars- used as missles, driven into them. And on top of it all- numerous daily stabbings against random bystanders - all at the hands of palestinains looking for the first jew they come accross to slay.

What has characterized all of these attacks, is that no one saw them coming. None of the killers belonged to a known terror group. None were part of a cell. All were "lone wolves" who seemingly got orders from no one. For this reason there has been virtually zero Israeli retaliation. No one knows who to strike back at, and the prevailing sentiment in the seemingly "hawkish" government, is that if we don't retaliate- maybe this phenomenon will die out on its own.

Well it isn't…

Another thing virtually all attackers had in common was – they were not poor. The prevailing connection points to upper middle class, ages 15 to 30, living very cushy lives- a car, house, internet, Smartphone, degrees in higher education, lively facebook account – and of course- a devout belief in radical islam.

Many of left suicide videos, stating they were eager to give up their lives in the name of islam. Many of them stated they were eager to give up their lives for the protection of the al-aqsa mosque.

For those of you who don't know, in the heart of the old city of Jerusalem lies a mosque holy to islam. It just so happens that the mosqe sits on the ruins of the ancient jewish temple destroyed roughly 2000 years ago by the Romans. The site is holy to jews, but out of realization that muslims have a tendency towards violence, the Israeli government forbids jews to pray in the large mosque compound. Israeli police will allow anyone to visit the site as long as there is no suspicion that he or she will pull out a bible and start praying. The fear is that such an egregious action as praying silently would cause the muslims to throw a fit and start world war 3.

And so - If Israeli police suspects you of intending to pray, a policeman will either accompany you, keeping a close eye that you don't even mumble prayer in silence or forbid you from entering in the first place. There are hilarious videos on youtube of religious jews accompanied by police - pulling out a bible, and simultaneously stormed on by a barrage of muslim fanatics who were just waiting for the occasion, and local police trying to stop them / save their lives / get them the hell out of there. There's even been one jewish couple that was caught on camera getting married at lightning speed while the officer was distracted...

So deep is the Israeli fear of radical islam that Israel is the one democratic country in the world where jews don’t have full religious freedom.

Such incidents of jews attempting to prey on the grounds of the al-asa mosque had been getting more frequent in the months leading to the current violent wave. They were still few, but more than at past.

The Palestinians saw this increase as an act of aggression, and their reaction can only be described as murderous. Mahmoud Abbas- leader of the Palestinian authority, routinely propped as a moderate and peace wising leader - spoke at the UN general assembly, and stated the "jews were defiling the mosque with their filthy feet". Upon returning home he gave a press conference where he said that "every drop of blood spilled for Jerusalem, and the mosque - was holy." That "anyone spilling blood would go to heaven."

This is a world leader. Imagine obama saying this.

Palestianin TV iterated over and over that the "mosque is in danger". Social media filled up with instructional movies on "how to stab jews" – grab from behind, stab the neck…. Antisemitc cartoons were abound, thousands of likes, thousands of shares.

Imams in mosques began calling to muslims to "STAB STAB STAB – for the al- aqusa mosque".

More than six months have gone by. As previously said - the Israeli government has done virtually nothing to stop these attacks. Because there are no terror groups to target- and these are all religiously motivated "lone wolves" – the seemingly far right government decided to see if this thing will die out on its own. It was hoped that ignoring this phenomenon will keep it contained, as a military operation might lead to escalation.

Besides- no one in Israel really wants to destroy the Palestinian authority - inspite of its responsibilty for inciting the violence. The PA plays a double game, and a good one. Inciting violence on one hand, paying off murderers of jews lifetime salaries based on the severity of their crimes, and propping them as heroes – and on the other, working with Israeli security forces to stop known terrorists. There has been great debate in Israel if the PA indeed does more good or harm. This debate has left us paralyzed.

For a while, abstaining from action seemed to work. However The murder of the girl today, in her home, while she slept- followed by another stabbing attack later today – shows we desperately need a different course of action.

Some of you reading this may have made up your minds before finishing the first line. "Israel" means "occupation", israelies brought this on themselves and so on and so on.

I used to think the same- as an isreali living in Israel.

But this is not the case – and probably reason for a separate post. This is not "Palestinian terrorism" as much as it is Islamic terrorism. Global Islamic terrorism.

A direct thread of Islamic extremism runs through the gay nightclub shooting in florida, the paris attacks, Brussels attack, Istanbul attack, san berdino attack and this poor 13 year old girl stabbed to death. They were all killed by religiously motivated, radicalized muslims, who did not nessicarily need to be part of an organized terror cell. They did not require guidance. They had their minds poisoned with a monstrous ideology – and went out killing the first "apostate" they found.

Living in Israel has gotten me all too used to Islamic terrorism. It's a part of the landscape here, like earthquakes in japan. I've managed to grow thick skin to it. 3 months ago my first daughter was born, and since this morning when this poor girl was murdered I keep imagining my own daughter shrieking in terror from her crib as some monster who creeped in through the window is tearing her apart.

we are dealing with animals. plain and simple.

Views: 927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

find me a moral way to deal with this, and i'll jump on board.

ditto

like i said Beanie - wonderful impression of a fish.

and by the way - "As long as occupiers from one invented state can keep another state from functioning, how can any solution be possible?" - applies to the US and Islamic State perfectly...

Yeah, there's some truth to that.

Davis is the local cheerleader for blind, daft, and dumb liberalism here. If there are people doing bad things on both sides, to his mind that means they are alike and morally equivalent. 

If peace broke out, Israel would welcome it and settle down to daily life, but for Hamas and the other Islamic nut jobs, Israel is just the first in a long line of dominoes they want to knock over. 

Davis can't see that. Or...refuses to. Or doesn't care.

There's an old saying in Judaism - "One who is merciful towards the wicked will end up being wicked towards the merciful". 

Whenever i encounter someone on the regressive left this sentence pops to mind. This incessant need to level the moral playing field while ignoring all context -  calling out that "both people are violent because both are holding guns" - while ignoring that one is a cop and the other is a robber. such blindness will always play to the benefit of the robber.

It's amazing how well-intentioned people can be so instrumental in causing harm.

Let's say that ultimately Israel wins. Peace. Let's say Hamas wins. They'll become an arm of ISIS.

We do have a dog in this fight, and it's Israel.

"One who is merciful towards the wicked will end up being wicked towards the merciful".

That is a fitting cliche, especially if you think all Palestinians are wicked. I never said "have mercy for terrorists", if that's what you're suggesting.

[...] while ignoring that one is a cop and the other is a robber.

I would be more appreciative of that opinion if indigenous Palestinians weren't being robbed of homes, lives, and sovereignty.

@pope Beanie
Who said ALL Palestinians were wicked?? What is this liberal fixation on not saying anything if it doesn't encompass ALL members of some group. You have a situation where the president openly encourages murder, memebers of his cabinet openly encourage murder, the government pays substantial amounts of cash to whoever picks up a knife and murders, state tv and radio openly call for indiscriminate murder - and i'm the bad guy here? where does it end? where does this double standard not applied to any other country in the world other than israel come from?? The reality is that even if israel ran the cleanest military operation in the world, and managed to kill zero civillians when targeting militants- we'd still get criticism for being alive. no other society in the world is treated like this. nowhere else will you hear "of course you have the right to defend yourself BUT..." - the following being that you're not actually allowed to save your citizens if it mught pluck the wings off a butterfly on the other side. Israel is not the obstacle here. there is nothing in israeli society coming close to this level of istitutional icitement of have and violence. It's amazing how the hatred of jews and israel is so great that even after al-quaeda, ISIS, Boku Haram - after the west finally dealing with what we've been living with for decades - people afflicted with a death cult ideology, stuck in the seventh century, wanting to get even at the crusaders - many westerners still fail to realize that the palestinian struggle is simply another front here. Hamas is no different from ISIS. The Palestinain adament refusal to sign a deal in the dozenor so peace talks till today stems from an irrational hattred, a refusal  to compromise before infidels.
You say "Homes were stolen" - if at all -  70 years ago. Somehow you got through this in the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Canada, Argentina etc.. time goes by, people compromise,
You'll never hear - "There shouldn't even be a US, it's Native american land".... no one will say this. This double standard exists only towards israel.
This conflict will end when palestinians give up on their genocidal hopes, and agree to share this land peacefully. We will continue defending ourselves with any required means- be it walls, checkposts, blockades and occupations - because they save lives - until the day when palestinians decide they love their kids more than they hate jews - a decision made in the past by indians, aboriginals, mauries and other indigenous peoples.
liberals like you could help end this conflict by encouraging them to compromise and stop feeding the flames with "you've been wronged, keep demanding 'justuce'".

What is this liberal fixation on not saying anything if it doesn't encompass ALL members of some group.

It's not just a liberal fixation. (Mea culpa anyway, as I am a liberal. Next?!)

"Homes were stolen" - if at all -  70 years ago

So I should have said "stolen or bulldozed". And I didn't even mention how Palestine has been carved up into non-states surrounded by Israeli occupation, because I'm trying to argue just one point at a time when possible.

You'll never hear - "There shouldn't even be a US, it's Native american land"

Well, sometimes we do hear it, but the bigger point is that at present, it is no longer a continuing policy to occupy more and more, and more.

because they save lives - until the day when palestinians decide they love their kids more than they hate jews - a decision made in the past by indians, aboriginals, mauries and other indigenous peoples.

So, does the number of lives really matter, or not? You're sounding inconsistent now with at least one of your previous posts. It seems importance of the number of lives depends on the purported nationality of the innocent victims, i.e. the topic of "innocent victims" among humanity in general is not an issue for you.

liberals like you could help end this conflict by encouraging them to compromise and stop feeding the flames with "you've been wronged, keep demanding 'justuce'".

"Liberals Like Me" haven't said a damn thing to "Them", except that terrorism is an international crime. They are dying in large numbers because they are powerless against terrorists.

I think that you and I are both intentionally ignoring each others points, because... I don't know... we belong to different tribes? Saying that Muslims or Palestinians or Arabs have more evil in their hearts than Israelis is actually, to me, a credible hypothesis. The problem is that acting on that characterization with Israeli righteousness and massively larger powers of destruction IS NOT HELPING to fix the evil.

Meanwhile, I'll give you this much... I think your situation is somewhat comparable to USA vs black communities. This is a problem we're still faced with daily. More blacks are killed by blacks than whites. Demographics & personal experiences while growing up are still vastly different between blacks and whites, in general. Sure, we're not killing as many of each other, but there are still the good vs evil warriors fucking each other over.

You're wrong about the bulldozing too, but never mind. The situation could be comparable to blacks vs whites, if only african americans had a leadership. this small but crucial point changes everything in my view. In the real world governments talk to governments, and if need be- fight with governments. Innocents will get caught in the crossfire, especially if their government forces them to become cannon fodder as part of a media war. its awful but there's no way around it. this notion that if people just recognize the humanity on both sides - peace could arupt from the ground up - is Naive. it has never happened. you cannot go around the people holding the guns. the people printing text books, funneling state funds, waging a 24/7 media brainwashing campaign in mosques, tv and radio.

Unseen, better to criticize the post, than the poster. Thanks

If there are people doing bad things on both sides, to his mind that means they are alike and morally equivalent. 

Except for the fact that I clearly said that Israel is a far more liberal society and I'd do best to live there. Easy part to forget due to your love affair with Israel and your demonization of Palestine. However stil...both parties are guilty of unthinkable attrocities and chronic suffering...as well as disinterest in the suffering and no end to mutual demonization. My point was never to say that they are equal...but that the numbers are way closer than people think. But then...you always hop on anything that conflicts in the slightest with your absolute extreme side picking and then strawman all of those who try to give a nuanced opinion that differs.

If peace broke out, Israel would welcome it and settle down to daily life, but for Hamas and the other Islamic nut jobs, Israel is just the first in a long line of dominoes they want to knock over. 

Both sides have made one and only one attempt for peace and both sides rejected it. What you are inferring (that peace is impossible and that Hamas will never give up) is tantamount to dehumanisation. That a people are incapable of peace. If thats the case for Palestine...it is definitely the same for Israel who endlessly and needlessly violates even the small agreements they've made towards peace...like building more and more settlements and shooting more and more children and tearing down 50,000 palestinian homes in their own land. Great overtures to peace indeed. It's no different in terms of long term solutions than Hamas flying bombs into Israel and blowing up busses. If they number game is really important...compare the death tolls. If it is meant to be an eternal occupation for the sake of maintainig a false sense of security...well then...thanks a lot Israel. Just admit that the Palestinians are eternally damned and feel free to pass on the endless instability and terrorist threat to the rest of the world. Here's a cheque for a billion dollars. Do try and get running water up and going in the next decade please...we can't let them all wither away.

Davis can't see that. Or...refuses to. Or doesn't care.

Big words from a guy who has come up with a dozen ways to excuse even the most obscene behaviour on the part of Israel. I bet they could cluster bomb an entire city that was the most stable and posed the least threat to Israel and you'd find a stunning way to call it a good thing. My whole original post wasn't to say that one side is better than another. It was a response to fetid dehumanisation of a people by a user here...from one pseudo democratic religious state against a teritory filled with another religion that is occupied under guns and walls. That kind of dehumanisation is a sign of a very unhealthy society. I'd still rather live in Tel Aviv than Palestine and I also commend the restraint that Israel often uses. It's still a sick society based on endless irrational strategies and policies, tainted by religious zeal. Based on what they do...they have no moral platform to dehumanise and animalise their opponents.

Davis is the local cheerleader for blind, daft, and dumb liberalism here.

Thats nasty...that's not true and you know it...I truly hope you don't mean that.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service