Hi Everyone,
I'm new here, so I hope I'm complying with all the rules regarding posting an article.

Anyway, below is an article that a facebook friend posted regarding a proposed circumcision ban in San Francisco. She, a practicing Jewish woman, feels this is an example of "blatant antisemitism". Do you agree?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/18/san-francisco-circumcision...

Tags: antisemitism, circumcision, politics

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The study is interesting.  Tangentially related:  I remember my mother telling me that they used to use the circumcised foreskin tissue for testing when she worked as a microbiologist at a hospital.  Only problem is, I can't quite remember what they were testing for.  If I recall correctly, it was herpes.  Using foreskin tissue, they were able to test for herpes with a much quicker turn-around time.  If it was diagnosed quickly enough, the doctors could take steps to reduce the chances of birth-acquired herpes.  Sadly (as is probably apparent) I am not competent to evaluate the pros and cons of this.  I'd have to ask my mom about the details.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service