Is there any truth to your life being blessed if you serve God without hypocrisy?

The only proof that the old Testament offers for the immutability of the counsel of God, are the blessings to your health and prosperity if you serve him without hypocrisy.

Has anyone tried this test for the existence of God?

Why have we fasted,’ they say,

‘and you have not seen it?

Why have we humbled ourselves,

and you have not noticed?’

“Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please

and exploit all your workers.

4Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,

and in striking each other with wicked fists.

You cannot fast as you do today

and expect your voice to be heard on high.

5Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,

only a day for a man to humble himself?

Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed

and for lying on sackcloth and ashes?

Is that what you call a fast,

a day acceptable to the Lord?

6“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:

to loose the chains of injustice

and untie the cords of the yoke,

to set the oppressed free

and break every yoke?

7Is it not to share your food with the hungry

and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—

when you see the naked, to clothe him,

and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

8Then your light will break forth like the dawn,

and your healing will quickly appear;

then your righteousnessa will go before you,

and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

9Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;

you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,

with the pointing finger and malicious talk,

10and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry

and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,

then your light will rise in the darkness,

and your night will become like the noonday.

Views: 1409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely!, The Law still applies to Jews. And I am very happy that I am not burdened with all of that legalese.

How on earth do you conclude that these words of Jesus do not apply to his followers??? How very convenient.  (Lucky for the rest of us of course that currently most Christians do suffer witches to live etc: nice to be able to pick which bits to take and which not, eh?)

IF jesus did away with the Old law, then why did paul work so hard at making sure it was in the new testament... subjugation of women and slavery are still in the 'holy' script of the new revelation.. again, you might want to read the entire bible a few times before you go stating things that are NOT accurate!

the message of grace you claim to preach is based on the assumption that man needs salvation.. IF god created us, which genesis claimed was very good by the way, then he also created evil, which is also in the old testament - Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” ... so, god creates us perfect, creates evil to tempt us to do something he doesn't want us to do, like eat a piece of fruit, then damns us all for all eternity because of what one mythical person did... and you see nothing wrong with this story? redemption can only be needed if the adam and eve story was true, most of the biblical scholars today will not agree that this is a true story, but an allegory. IF that is true, then there is not much of the bible that can be taken as actually pertaining to mankind as it is a bunch of stories... theologians much smarter than me will tell you that if you dare examine the evidence... but you don't want to do that, you prefer ignorance and your deluded belief that i need salvation from eternal damnation... IF the god of the old testament is real, there is no way i want to spend eternity worshipping him!! IF jesus is real, he said "i and the father are one" which is why the jews wanted to stone him.. so he is no better, but identified directly with the wretched god you call yahweh or jehovah or elohim or whatever you think his name is...

don't take my word for it, read the entire bible, find out what scholars say about it.. it's not just true because it says it is, then the koran is true as well as the torah is true... they all claim abraham - who probably didn't really exist as well - as the father of their faith... how can all three be right?? i suspect all 3 are wrong!

do some work on your own! don't let others think for you... find the truth, it really is out there for you... if you are willing to take off your bible glasses and look for it!

cheers

IF jesus did away with the Old law, then why did paul work so hard at making sure it was in the new testament... subjugation of women and slavery are still in the 'holy' script of the new revelation.. again, you might want to read the entire bible a few times before you go stating things that are NOT accurate!

The marriage of man and woman, with man as the head and woman always having her head covered by hair or head covering, showing that she has power over her, is a shadow and allegory of Christ and his bride, the assembly of believers who are covered by his spirit as him as head. This authority only applies to marriage and not in all situations at large.

the message of grace you claim to preach is based on the assumption that man needs salvation.. IF god created us, which genesis claimed was very good by the way, then he also created evil, which is also in the old testament - Isaiah 45:7 in the King James Version reads, “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.” ... so, god creates us perfect, creates evil to tempt us to do something he doesn't want us to do, like eat a piece of fruit, then damns us all for all eternity because of what one mythical person did... and you see nothing wrong with this story? redemption can only be needed if the adam and eve story was true, most of the biblical scholars today will not agree that this is a true story, but an allegory. IF that is true, then there is not much of the bible that can be taken as actually pertaining to mankind as it is a bunch of stories... theologians much smarter than me will tell you that if you dare examine the evidence... but you don't want to do that, you prefer ignorance and your deluded belief that i need salvation from eternal damnation... IF the god of the old testament is real, there is no way i want to spend eternity worshipping him!! IF jesus is real, he said "i and the father are one" which is why the jews wanted to stone him.. so he is no better, but identified directly with the wretched god you call yahweh or jehovah or elohim or whatever you think his name is...

Man was created to destroy the works of fallen non-baryonic beings, who will continue to appear as UFOs, hauntings and Marian apparitions. And by the way, shrines to Marian apparitions are on the increase worldwide. because the mass deception wage by the Latin Rite and the Orthodox Rite is coming to a head as I have indicated on my Blog post (Please read). The good news is that we already have victory through Christ. All we must do is take on him. 

don't take my word for it, read the entire bible, find out what scholars say about it.. it's not just true because it says it is, then the koran is true as well as the torah is true... they all claim abraham - who probably didn't really exist as well - as the father of their faith... how can all three be right?? i suspect all 3 are wrong!

do some work on your own! don't let others think for you... find the truth, it really is out there for you... if you are willing to take off your bible glasses and look for it!

From my vantage point it has been found. At 57, I believe that I have benefited immensely from it. I also believe that  Atheist have benefited also, if they have shown mercy to the poor, hungry, naked and blind.

typical revisionist bullshit as usual its not even worth posting on this topic is it?

btw michael, can you tell us where to find this text in your bible? i would like to read it in one of my many versions i have here...

thanks

Isaiah 58

You call that a test?

I call it mumbo-jumbo meaning it denotes yet another confusing and meaningless subject!

If it is mumbo-jumbo then what would be the benefit to one writing it? And wouldn't people immediately falsify what is being stated then have the prophet stoned for lying.  This was the consequence of false prophecies, death!

It doesn't sound like prophecy to me, it sounds like standard sermon mumbo jumbo. All it's assertions are extremely vague, how would someone falsify it? Particularly when it was presented to a bunch of illiterate goatherds not exactly versed in the scientific method.

God appears as a fire to consume the Holocaust offering and also gave them direction in battle. Of what use is the scientific method in these instances.

Are you implying that the Levites were not level and above board and the fame of King David and Solomon did not exist and all their exploits and battles.

Why should I believe you?, There is archeological confirmation that confirms the reigns of these men. You next interjection will be yes, but the story about them are purely myth and lore. Well that is what the supernatural will always sound like, myth and lore and myth and lore is being generated as we speak. See that attached clip on this thread.

I really am fed up with all you religious [edited by moderator.- Nelson] who joins this site to keep insisting repeatedly that your particular scripture has meaning and that it is the truth and answer to everything. All you do is cherry pick whatever you want and interpret it in whatever way you want for whatever purpose you want!

On behalf of atheists who find scripture to have historical value but otherwise find it utterly uninteresting I would like to say to you and your fellow scripture preachers:

[edited by moderator.- Nelson]

RSS

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service