Is there any truth to your life being blessed if you serve God without hypocrisy?

The only proof that the old Testament offers for the immutability of the counsel of God, are the blessings to your health and prosperity if you serve him without hypocrisy.

Has anyone tried this test for the existence of God?

Why have we fasted,’ they say,

‘and you have not seen it?

Why have we humbled ourselves,

and you have not noticed?’

“Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please

and exploit all your workers.

4Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,

and in striking each other with wicked fists.

You cannot fast as you do today

and expect your voice to be heard on high.

5Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,

only a day for a man to humble himself?

Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed

and for lying on sackcloth and ashes?

Is that what you call a fast,

a day acceptable to the Lord?

6“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:

to loose the chains of injustice

and untie the cords of the yoke,

to set the oppressed free

and break every yoke?

7Is it not to share your food with the hungry

and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—

when you see the naked, to clothe him,

and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

8Then your light will break forth like the dawn,

and your healing will quickly appear;

then your righteousnessa will go before you,

and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

9Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;

you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,

with the pointing finger and malicious talk,

10and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry

and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,

then your light will rise in the darkness,

and your night will become like the noonday.

Views: 1409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So why are you insisting we should buy into your absurd Xtianist crap?

Fasting is like cutting yourself for christ...

But, according to Christ a sure way to solve some mental problems defined as demon possession in those days. (coupled with prayer). Holy water and Crucifix nonsense is just Catholicism and Hollywood.

we have thankfully grown in our knowledge of mental issues and don't just cast demons, which don't exist by the way..out any more! actually, exorcisms are still performed in the usa every week.. try googling stuff before you show your ignorance!

Judging from your demeanor and arrogance I certainly would take exception to their non-existence.

my demeanor and arrogance? can you explain the words i wrote that express those ideas?? my questioning you on what you believe is not arrogant, i am telling you that what you are saying is wrong, and that you can just google exorcism to find churches that do this every sunday if not more often... please, don't ignore what i write and call it insulting because it challenges what you believe! open you mind to the 21st century! we have a lot to offer...

avoiding direct remarks and claiming you are insulted is a very typical reaction by xians and won't work on this forum, we have seen it way too many times...

answer the questions as they are posed directly at you, or please stop posting so you can just copy and paste more of your doctrine at us.. it is tiring...

I am well aware of the Vatican archives and documented cases of children and adults speaking languages that they never learnt. Which never proves anything but certainly would prohibit me from giving your response.

Michael - these cases you mention, are potentially evidential in nature.  You are interested, then in evidence that has a bearing on your beliefs?

Don't forget this guy is a troll. Don't expect any intellectual consistency from him, or any actual understanding of any remotely complex ideas.

so i guess michael will stone his kids when the are disobedient, and will kill homosexuals and cut the hands off of thieves... sounds real progressive, don't it?

That was not the requirement above. The Levitical law was not quoted at all. Besides I am a gentile and therefore immune to the Levitical law. But anyone can show mercy to the poor, hungry and the naked. I am convinced that you can be an atheist and show mercy to the poor hungry and the naked and still be blessed. The crap about dying unsaved doesn't apply because he who shows mercy will be given mercy on judgement day.

I guess you forget the sermon on the mount.. 

Matthew 5 17-18

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service