Is there any truth to your life being blessed if you serve God without hypocrisy?

The only proof that the old Testament offers for the immutability of the counsel of God, are the blessings to your health and prosperity if you serve him without hypocrisy.

Has anyone tried this test for the existence of God?

Why have we fasted,’ they say,

‘and you have not seen it?

Why have we humbled ourselves,

and you have not noticed?’

“Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please

and exploit all your workers.

4Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,

and in striking each other with wicked fists.

You cannot fast as you do today

and expect your voice to be heard on high.

5Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,

only a day for a man to humble himself?

Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed

and for lying on sackcloth and ashes?

Is that what you call a fast,

a day acceptable to the Lord?

6“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:

to loose the chains of injustice

and untie the cords of the yoke,

to set the oppressed free

and break every yoke?

7Is it not to share your food with the hungry

and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—

when you see the naked, to clothe him,

and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

8Then your light will break forth like the dawn,

and your healing will quickly appear;

then your righteousnessa will go before you,

and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

9Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;

you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,

with the pointing finger and malicious talk,

10and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry

and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,

then your light will rise in the darkness,

and your night will become like the noonday.

Views: 1279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here you are living a universe where 95 %  of what's in it is invisible and non-baryonic

If your gonna break out the big boy words at least understand them. Non-baryonic would mean non matter since pretty much all matter is bayronic. Most of the universe in fact is made up of matter.

This whole thread is a ridiculous attempt at a poorly worded pascals wager. why anyone continues to entertain you with answering such an easily discreditable argument is beyond me.

It shouldn't be beyond you since you're doing it too.

Actually you are wrong. The visible universe and that which constitutes us only constitutes 5 % of the universe. The rest is dark matter and dark energy.

Helps to bring your physics up to date. 

You keep saying "just do the charity", as if you're expecting someone to denounce charity. Atheists do charity, but not for reward from God.

Meanwhile, if just serving God is all one needs to do to realize proof of God, how do you explain when natural disaster or other terrible death strike people who serve God? Do you just say "Ah, yeah, they must all be in heaven now"?

Read my blog post:

A Rendering of the last 2000 Years not found in Christian Annals ( Pagan Christianity )

This explain the uselessness of the paper mache counterfeit. However, even under such a delusion, if Isaiah 58 is practiced you will be blessed despite your delusion, I see it all the time.

Going the church every Sunday and tithing to the perpetuate the lie does not meet the bill of Isaiah 58. 

OK - got it.  No True Scotsman... right.

And only individuals truly born of god have souls under the altar. Everyone else are dead souls awaiting resurrection day and the last judgement. He that is born of God is alive in the spiritual and the natural simultaneously.

Michael: why do you continue to post unsubstantiable faith statements on an atheist forum?

Mods: if he won't answer me, can you get him to do so as a condition of retaining posting rights?  This is getting ridiculous.

I am responding to a statement that perpetuates the Pagan Christian myth.

I'm not a mod, but I feel that unanswered posts are often just as revealing as answered posts.

Mods: if he won't answer me, can you get him to do so as a condition of retaining posting rights?  This is getting ridiculous.

Why?  Yes, Michael can be pretty out there, but everyone in this thread is a willing participant.  Whatever you may think of him, he's not insincere, he's not here to convert you, and he's not disrespectful; he's just eccentric. 

But Kris: I can only disagree.  Sincerity is surely measured in the terms on which you come to debate.  Like integrity really. 

If you just put up propaganda, post scripture, move the goal posts, don't answer direct questions then eventually we see what this sincerity really means, no? I've followed the last couple of Michael's threads with increasing suspicion about his motives for being here. 

He clearly has no intention whatsoever of really engaging in the debates he stirs, but actually just wants the appearance of doing so - while continuing to put up Christian propaganda...  I have to wonder why he does that - and I see little reason to think he is "sincere" in anything other than a hidden agenda.

The approach to and method of debate are the problem: they lack integrity and honesty.

I've just been back through the thread Kris.  I'm not alone in feeling distinctly queasy at Michael's prevarication and obfuscation.  Lots of others seem to assume he has bad motives for these dodgy postings.

So I think it's fine to come here as a Christian and debate with us: we'd enjoy that, if it is honestly done.  But surely you need to be prepared to actually debate? Not just post scripture, unsubstantiated and indefensible rhetoric and myth - and then just avoid the direct challenges.  We have this constant switch and mix of evidence type language (see the original post) followed by barking lunacy and no answers to the direct points made in rebuttal.

I don't see eccentricity, I see a lack of honesty and integrity: and I'm clearly not alone.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service