Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

I am looking for people who are ex-mennonite or ex-amish or anyone who is familiar with the religion and way of life. I was raised mennonite and have recently left the church.......am really disturbed and confused about what really happens in these churches and need some advice and help to start a website for others like me who want to leave or have already left. If that's you hit me up.

Tags: amish, mennonite

Views: 1487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I used to own a club and restaurant just eleven miles from an Amish community - we used to buy milk and eggs from them. From the outside, they appeared to be kind, caring people, but I'm hot at all sure I would have liked being raised in such a community.

Slightly off topic, but I live in an area where the Amish have cornered the market on house framing (I once met Noah, the "Amish Godfather"). There are some laws in place in Cleveland that require people from the local community to work on certain projects, so occasionally you will see inner city folks working side by side with Amish carpenters. 

The Amish have a dress code that more or less requires that the clothes they wear be made within their community, often by their mothers. But OSHA requires safety glasses, and Mom can't make those. So the workers wear the traditional garb, homemade jeans, cotton shirt, and a straw hat, but they love Oakley sunglasses that make them look like they are moving 150 miles an hour.

Saw an add for an Amish Mafia TV show. Had to laugh thinking about the "high speed" chases

If you think THAT sounds exciting, you ain't seen NUTHin' til you've flown Amish Airlines!

RSS

Blog Posts

coexist

Posted by aubrey knows nothing * on October 23, 2014 at 9:25pm 1 Comment

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 7 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service