I've said elsewhere that this was probably the last election where the Republicans stood a real chance of gaining the American Presidency with a program that mainly appeals to prosperous suburban whites and holds little appeal to most women and almost no appeal at all to racial minorities. 

If the GOP is to survive, what do you think it would have to look like? What could it possibly look like?

Tags: GOP, Republicans

Views: 1734

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Found this on Reddit, think it fits well here. It's a very bad idea to alienate potentially 50% of voters.

@Arcus  I bloody love that pic!  Nice one :)

I hear its actually slightly more than 50% at the moment.

Deep down, I think many in the GOP are counting on such things as voter suppression and the elimination of unions to bypass elections altogether and eventually deliver them a fascist dictatorship.  Don't laugh.  As soon as George W. Bush was elected, some in Congress were pushing for a repeal of the Presidential term limit and openly imagining him as dictator.  Then, when Arnold Gropenfeuhrer was elected governor of California, those same neocons (read "fascists") pushed for a Constitutional amendment allowing Presidents to be foreign-born.  

At the bottom of all this is their deep yearning for America to be ruled by a right wing, corporate-backed, Christian-approved dictator; and not just of the U.S. - of the WORLD.  Walrus-faced John Bolton, I'm sure, would eagerly offer himself as the perfect fit for the office of tyrant-in-chief.  And the power behind the throne will be the corpse of Rupert Murdoch, still projecting himself the emperor of media.  Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity can compete to be the propaganda minister without even changing their teleprompters.  Ann Coulter and Michelle Malkin will take turns being Bolton's Eva Braun.  Minnesota misanthrope, Michelle Bachmann, and that moose-hunting lady who passed briefly through the governor's office in Alaska will be but a dim memory.  Meanwhile, Donald Trump will still be demanding Obama's college transcripts.

I'm all for a global government... once we can work out a system of government that isn't corruptable and gives everyone a fair vote and respects human rights.

Just think... there could be a group of advanced alien worlds out there who constantly communicate and visit each other via wormholes.... we won't have a global government unless we join them :D lol

The Internet isn't a government. It doesn't govern us or regulate us. It has no enforcement power.

Okay, let me modify it: The Internet won't be a government. It won't govern us or regulate us. It will never have any enforcement power.

Government implies intention. Intention in the Internet is diffuse.

Speaking of which Nate, this is a great site for staying on top of the political situation: http://crooksandliars.com/

"...pushing for a repeal of the Presidential term limit and openly imagining him as dictator.."

If memory serves, I think this also attempted during Reagan's administration.

Obama got just 39% of the white vote. What do you think this implies for the Dems and the GOP and for the country?

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service