I've said elsewhere that this was probably the last election where the Republicans stood a real chance of gaining the American Presidency with a program that mainly appeals to prosperous suburban whites and holds little appeal to most women and almost no appeal at all to racial minorities. 

If the GOP is to survive, what do you think it would have to look like? What could it possibly look like?

Tags: GOP, Republicans

Views: 1722

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably somewhat later than the US has it's first female head of state...

Which could very easily be Hillary Clinton in 2016,.

I cite my post.  Fine. That's so overwhelmingly empirical, it's unarguable. 

My assertions are obviously just observations. There's nothing to cite. I referred to what I saw and heard four years ago from UK citizens. 

So, you seem totally unwilling to even guess when the first Pakistani, Indian, or African ethnic will become Prime Minister. I'll take that as you're not being very optimistic.

Strega:

One benchmark might involve putting together a comparison between racially-motivated hate crimes in the UK and USA. Obviously, it would have to be done on a per capita or per thousand basis to allow for the population difference. 

I'm on my way out so I haven't checked yet, but at a glance the numbers seem comparable with the UK doing slightly better.

I find it interesting that many acts of violence arising from 'the troubles' in Northern Ireland are considered legally to be racial in nature under the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.

here   Nobody is saying the UK is Utopia.  But we are working towards increasing the diversity in our members of parliament.  Here is a debate on the topic, which I found by googling "Europe vs USA racism"

However, if you refer back to my post, I was discussing the voting divide, inasmuch as is the consideration of the demographic difference in voting by ethical groups in the US covertly reinforcing the acceptability of these divisions.  The demography of the voters, not of the politicians.

I tried to find the equivalent information for UK voters because I really wanted to know.  I wanted to see if we discussed differences in ethnic groups as to voting trends. I wasn't searching for support for my pre-existing beliefs, I was genuinely pondering this concept, and whether it was part of the uniqueness of America or a more global syndrome.

I'm not calling you names, I'm trying to analyse facts. 

@Gallups Mirror

I'm not sure what comparing hate crime statistic tells one since hate crimes can be driven by widespread attitudes or a very active hate-filled minority (such as the KKK in the US, which has such a small constituency it might be said to hardly exist at all, and yet those few could be responsible for a large proportion of hate crimes against blacks). In another society, where an ethnic minority is widely resented but with less intensity, one could get the same number of crimes out of a totally different population of potential offenders.

RE: "it's unarguable"

It's Unseen.

You might as well say, "It's Chinatown."

"I see you are about to be getting a 51st State."

I thought the United Kingdom was the 51st state. ;)

Bwa-ha-ha!!!

We'll see. Puerto Rico passed a non-binding resolution asking to be the 51st state. I'm not sure how much enthusiasm there is in Congress. 

BTW, I think we might solve a lot of (drug, immigration) problems if Mexico became a US state or even a territory like PR since Mexico lacks the resources to help with the drug problem and actually benefits from our immigration problem.

We always refer to it as, "Mexico," as do the Mexicans, but the actual, official name of the country is, "The United States of Mexico" - I've won more than a few bar bets with that little bit of information, some in Mexico!

@Gallup's Mirror

Did I tell you I was actually asked by an American actuary, whether the UK also celebrated the 4th July?  I whispered, "yes we do, but very quietly in case any of you notice and want to come back".

No we are waiting for the "57" slot to become available, so we can use Heinz ketchup bottle labels as our new state logo.

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service