I've said elsewhere that this was probably the last election where the Republicans stood a real chance of gaining the American Presidency with a program that mainly appeals to prosperous suburban whites and holds little appeal to most women and almost no appeal at all to racial minorities. 

If the GOP is to survive, what do you think it would have to look like? What could it possibly look like?

Tags: GOP, Republicans

Views: 1713

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All of the people I see in that picture look like Mitt Romney supporters, except that their shirts aren't brown.

FYI, the Obama polled at 94% in Norway.

@Alejando M - The problem with GOP is that they don't care what happens to their country, as long as they make money. Romney is a coward, and uses loop holes, as did George W.  Romney evaded the draft by going on a' Mission'  for the Mormons to Paris.

He evades tax, sends it offshore by the millions to no less than three tax havens, supports the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and wants anybody but him and his wealthy republicans to pay for it,  let the stupid middle class to pay for it. He will send kids from poor families off to war, just as long as his don't go.

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/2012/08/investigating-mitt-romne...

As a practicing Mormon he believes in Armageddon - he wears magic underpants, his wife wears a magic bra, totally controlled by religion, they baptize dead people, even if they were Atheist, as Ann Romney's father was.

His knowledge of Foreign Affairs was truly scary - there was a very good chance that this man. and his cohorts could have been elected to the most powerful position in the world, wandereing the earth, insulting people, as he did in England, a supposed Allie.

George W. and his cronies put America and the world into a spin, that was not free enterprise, but rampant greed, as long as the republicans make their personal fortune, no matter what the cost to the country. Then the republicans  stymied and filibustered at every turn, once again, not caring about their country. And the really sad thing, is Obama will be stymied at every turn, once again, with the republicans and the likes of you, saying he gets nothing done.

Somebody one said, these Republicans could lie in bed, throw darts at the wall all day, and still make money off the back of others. Nothing they do is innovative or good for the country.

These men are just thick. The next three mistakes they made was underestimate his religious senators coming out about the rape statements. So women were put back 200 years, the marginalizing of the young voter, and the Hispanics and Latinos.

I can't edit my comment - they will have to get rid of the rampant religious element in their party - stop thinking of women as walking incubators, who have control of their lives, stop thinking of their personal fortunes, and start thinking about what is good for the country, make it a truly, Democratic inclusive country. Otherwise, it will be in Democratic hands for a long, long time.
In Australia, there is a man called Andrew Wilkie, who was a former army officer and Intelligence Analyst.

In 2003 he resigned from his position in the Office of National Assessments, and Intelligence Agency because the government of the day, a right wing party, the leader being John Howard, who was licking the boots of George W. ignored any and all intelligence from any Intelligence Agency that there were no WMD's.

American wanted to go to war in Iraq, therefore Australia went too.

Andrew Wilkie subsequently gave evidence to official British and Australian inquiries into the government's case for involvement in the Iraq war.
In 2004 Wilkie published a book, Axis of Deceit about the lies perpetuated by a right wing government, that had also taken Australia to war. He is now a Member of Parliament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_Dossier

Uranium from Niger - a lie that was fed to Colin Powell

David Christopher Kelly, CMG - British scientist and expert on biological warfare, employed by the British Ministry of Defence, and formerly a United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq, stated there were no Weapons of Mass Distruction. was called to appear on 15 July before the Parliamentary Foreign Affairs Select Committee, and grilled. He was found dead two days later, a suicide. There were doubts about this finding.

Tony Blair, Prime Minister of the day, who was also an American boot licker, followed Bush into the war. Tony Blair has been questioned twice by a committee who is trying to determine whether Blair ignored recommendations from the attorney general. Rupert Murdoch supported Blair in the country going to war.

Desmond Tutu has called for Tony Blair to face trial over Iraq war.

Nobody knew that Tony Blair would be tied to the apron strings of Bush, as he was supposed to be Labour.

"Nobody knew that Tony Blair would be tied to the apron strings of Bush, as he was supposed to be Labour."

I knew. I made this crude but accurate image after Bush and Blair met for the first time. But nobody listens to me. In fact, you're probably not even reading this right now.

Immaculate conception, I presume?

Bush the aristocrat holding Blair the cherished poodle on a pretty leash, actually.

I don't mean to come across as cynical, irreverent, and disrespectful of Bush, but I am, so I do.

RE: "I don't mean to come across as cynical, irreverent, and disrespectful of Bush"

Why not? I believe it's a general consensus --

I did not vote for the fellow. After 8 years of painful crap, and revolting details, retiring back to the ranch, surrounded by an unadoring public, seems a just thing.  

WMD's were never the issue and they all knew that. There is a crisis of unprecedented proportions coming soon and for there to be any chance of us western powers to come through it we need a toe hold in the middle east. So while i dont like what they did , it is nevertheless  completely understandable and i don't think i can blame them for doing what they feel needed to be done. The real issue here is one of survival and when that is the case being ethical or nice is no longer a major consideration.

So, basically, Jason, you're espousing situational ethics?

RSS

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service