I've said elsewhere that this was probably the last election where the Republicans stood a real chance of gaining the American Presidency with a program that mainly appeals to prosperous suburban whites and holds little appeal to most women and almost no appeal at all to racial minorities. 

If the GOP is to survive, what do you think it would have to look like? What could it possibly look like?

Tags: GOP, Republicans

Views: 1761

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Gallups Mirror

I'm not sure what comparing hate crime statistic tells one since hate crimes can be driven by widespread attitudes or a very active hate-filled minority (such as the KKK in the US, which has such a small constituency it might be said to hardly exist at all, and yet those few could be responsible for a large proportion of hate crimes against blacks). In another society, where an ethnic minority is widely resented but with less intensity, one could get the same number of crimes out of a totally different population of potential offenders.

RE: "it's unarguable"

It's Unseen.

You might as well say, "It's Chinatown."

"I see you are about to be getting a 51st State."

I thought the United Kingdom was the 51st state. ;)

Bwa-ha-ha!!!

We'll see. Puerto Rico passed a non-binding resolution asking to be the 51st state. I'm not sure how much enthusiasm there is in Congress. 

BTW, I think we might solve a lot of (drug, immigration) problems if Mexico became a US state or even a territory like PR since Mexico lacks the resources to help with the drug problem and actually benefits from our immigration problem.

We always refer to it as, "Mexico," as do the Mexicans, but the actual, official name of the country is, "The United States of Mexico" - I've won more than a few bar bets with that little bit of information, some in Mexico!

@Gallup's Mirror

Did I tell you I was actually asked by an American actuary, whether the UK also celebrated the 4th July?  I whispered, "yes we do, but very quietly in case any of you notice and want to come back".

No we are waiting for the "57" slot to become available, so we can use Heinz ketchup bottle labels as our new state logo.

Actually, I can envision it centered in the Union Jack, sort of an, "all roads lead to" kind of thing --

In all seriousness, the UK and US really are great chums. Even moreso than the US and Canada. Being a part-time Anglophile I've always found it good practice in new social settings to seek out the nearest Brit and introduce myself. It's a lifelong effort I've never once had cause to regret. 

Since I mentioned Canada, let me add that I'm behind the border fence idea 100%.  Let's keep those Canadians from slipping across the border to steal our jobs, intermarry with our women, and skew our society with their foreign language and strange ways. I'm a third generation Canadian-American myself, so believe me, I know what those little bastards are capable of.

@ Gallup  My 85 year old British mother has a 92 year old Canadian boyfriend.  Put that in the demography pot!

What color is he? ;)

A wrinkly beige

There are way too many Canadian actors and musicians in the US, too! LOL

RSS

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service