I've said elsewhere that this was probably the last election where the Republicans stood a real chance of gaining the American Presidency with a program that mainly appeals to prosperous suburban whites and holds little appeal to most women and almost no appeal at all to racial minorities. 

If the GOP is to survive, what do you think it would have to look like? What could it possibly look like?

Tags: GOP, Republicans

Views: 1741

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Plenty more where that came from! ;)

@Gallup's Mirror... I love this...  Can I steal it and post it on facebook?  I'll give you full credit.

Sure! A credit and link-back would be fine. Thanks for asking!

https://www.facebook.com/wesley.sherman.7?ref=tn_tnmn  Thanks for letting me share it!

I think the GoP will live on in its current form, with little to no change. Why? Because they're part of the system, the plot. They're one half of the two party system, a system used by those on top to keep us in control. They give us two choices and make us think we have a say, make us think our vote matters. The fighting between the Dems and the Reps is just a smoke screen, to make us forget that they're all the Bottom Bunk Bitch Boys of Corporate America. They're bought and paid for, so no matter who wins the election, we the people LOSE the election. The GoP will live on because the American people allow themselves to be lied to, allow themselves to be abused, allow themselves to be lead around by the nose like a bunch of Gorram Sheep following their precious Shepherd.

The GOP will live on but will either change its platform issues or will become more and more irrelevant. The GOP has depended on rural America far more than the Democrats and farming has become much more efficient, meaning that fewer and fewer people each year live in the stick and work on farms. Their other stronghold has been the suburbs, an environment at one time almost totally dominated by whites. However, all I have to do is look around in my area where I see black people in the suburbs. I used to live on the West Coast and I saw more and more Hispanics living in suburbs there as well. These people don't suddenly convert to Republican values. They know which party argued on their behalf and it wasn't the GOP.

I think the GOP as we know it is doomed. It's hard to see how they can change and still provide an adequate contrast between them and the Democrats.

BTW, sounds like you've watched that Zeitgeist movie few too many times. The American political system is flawed and always will be. Not due to a conspiracy but due to the size and diversity of its population. 

Hey Unseen,

BTW, sounds like you've watched that Zeitgeist movie few too many times. The American political system is flawed and always will be. Not due to a conspiracy but due to the size and diversity of its population.

I don't think that's what she was saying. Its not a conspiracy its just the way the system really works. I will grant you though that Grady Jean's perspective is rare because it is sophisticated; as opposed to naive. 

- kk

Hey Grady Jean,

Spot-on

- kk

Thanks.

By the by...

I'm a dude, yo. >_>

Libertarian.

It'll take more than four years to make them a legitimate party.

RSS

Forum

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Heather Spoonheim 19 hours ago. 13 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Virgil yesterday. 65 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose yesterday. 71 Replies

Blog Posts

Creationists Dispute

Posted by Fouad on December 24, 2014 at 7:26am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service