Truth is, if there was solid evidence for the existence of God, it then would be a point of fact with no room for faith.

Therefore is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustain by God for our benefit?

Views: 3803

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RE: "I have never seen a demon" - then I think it's safe to say you've never met my ex-mother-in-law.

@Michael - Do you distrust yourself so much, that you have to hear voices in your head, to tell you what is right or wrong?

I do not sin - I do not rape, or have evil thoughts about men, well, only my bloke, it is lust, but lust is good, I do not steal or lie - I am very sorry that you have evil thoughts, that must be dreadful,  but I do know of a vicious, malicious, male, who constantly tests peoples' faith, as in Abraham willing to kill his son. Anywhere else, in modern times, in a Western country, both god and Abraham would be charged with incitement to cause violence. A person who likes the smell of burning (sacrifice) rotting (as in Noah's Ark) blood thirsty tyrant when I hear about it. Your god is in this category.

If you really followed your bible, you would have concubines, slaves, beat if not kill children -  If you need someone, in your head, to tell you what is right or wrong, you stay with that. I don't want you wandering the streets, without being 'told' you have to love your wife and children.

You want to see loads of demons, just look at the hierarchy in any religion -  christian, muslim and jewish 'faiths'.

Insanity is believing your hallucinations are real. Religion is believing that other peoples' hallucinations are real. -

Dan Barker

Q. How many Atheists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Two. One to actually change the bulb, and the other to videotape the job so fundamentalists won't claim that god did it.

Another thought - if we are made in god's image, why aren't we invisible.

RE : "'Insanity is believing your hallucinations are real. Religion is believing that other peoples' hallucinations are real.' - Dan Barker"

I like that - I'm sure you'll see it again --:D big grin

@Suzanne Olson-Hyde

"If you really followed your bible, you would have concubines, slaves, beat if not kill children -  If you need someone, in your head, to tell you what is right or wrong, you stay with that. I don't want you wandering the streets, without being 'told' you have to love your wife and children.

You want to see loads of demons, just look at the hierarchy in any religion -  christian, muslim and jewish 'faiths'.

Insanity is believing your hallucinations are real. Religion is believing that other peoples' hallucinations are real. "

The bible is not a living book. it is a dead mistranslation from original tongues with very questionable transliterations and insertions. I fault no one for wanting through the rubbish pile into Gehenna. The original tongues versions are less reproachable, but the problem is that it is dead text that can not speak for itself. This is why we must rely on the living oracles of God who must make their appearance concurrent with the fulfilment of these prophecies:

It is no secret that the Orthodox Church is pro-Romanov Dynasty and was instrumental in the families current state of adoration by the faithful. The Romonov's are of the House of Oldenburg. One of the three Houses that must be uprooted in the future by the coming Caesar/ Csar/ Tsar/ Fuhrer. Notably the prophesies speak of three houses / kings being uprooted. I take these to be the House of Hapsburg, House of Oldenburg and the House of Bourbon. These are the Houses that dominate kingdoms in Europe today and must be uprooted with the return to Imperial Roman Empire. Currently the EU is pushing eastward with Turkey at its steps. the assimilations of Turkey is just a matter of time. Next the current dialogue between the Latin Rite and the Orthodox Rite will help forge the reemergence of Christian Roman Empire, before the great apostasy of Imperial Empire with Emperor worship. Before this the cities of Rome and Constantinople, the seats of both the Latin and Orthodox Rite will regain dominance and blow life into the future apostasy. "Who is like the Beast and who can make war with it?. Putin is currently a defacto Czar of Russia, ominous sign of things to come

I-) sleepy

I haven't heard of this one, but sic 'em, AU!

I beg to differ, you need three, unless one of the two is moon lighting. The third needs to submit the video to the web for 'in your face' coverage.

Republicans get my goat by politicizing religion.

If you don't find Leviathan for me, can we barbeque your goat? I mean, I sent out the invitations and everything --

@Michael - If Michael can't hook Leviathan, we have a couple of spare 'sea creatures' here in downtown Sydney. The first is at Hawksbury River, said to be first cousin to the Loch Ness monster, and we all know how true that is. It is thought to be 20-30 feet long, so if snared it could feed quite a lot of people. I doubt if anybody has a bar-b-que big enough, but I am sure that can be worked out. It is also part of Aboriginal folk lore, so it must be true.

This sea creature has the most fabulous name of Moolyewonk. The sea creature just may be dense seaweed, as it seems to cast only a shadow, but who am I to say. I think beside a line and very big hook, a trawling net might be advantageous. Then Michael can run up and down the bank, yelling 'There it is', and make a lot of money from telling his story - a win-win situation.

The Aborigines have the best of stories, and pre-date Michael's seven sister myth by thousands of years. I prefer to believe the Aboriginal version, much more interesting. 

http://www.personally-selected-aboriginal-art.com/seven-sisters.html

There are many different versions of this same myth - funny that.

Incorrect, a open cluster is just not as banded together as a closed cluster but banded together nonetheless.

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service