Truth is, if there was solid evidence for the existence of God, it then would be a point of fact with no room for faith.

Therefore is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustain by God for our benefit?

Views: 3813

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because Theism is mostly a verbal exercise in self deceit. We feed the monster with our lives, but the wait for dinner in intolerable. 'The wait' =  'theism', not the content.

Watch the SciFi Channel (Paranormal Witness). I know you and Archaeopteryx think the eye wittness recreations are just SciFi because it is the SciFi Channel. I am sure the profit motive has given rise to alot of embellishment, however, I content there may be a grain of true behind some episodes.

Many of the eye witness testimony are from people who formerly completely discounted the supernatural such as yourself. However, bizzare events have scared them out of their wits.

Stay unbelieving my friends.

I strongly suspect, Miguel, that you spend FAR too much time watching the Sci-Fi channel as it it - in fact, I'm beginning to wonder if you aren't a character on MY Sci-Fi Channel!

Now just take your meds, like a good boy, and slip back into bed, and you can come and play with us again another day --

Close your eyes and try counting Philistines!

No, not quite a character from My Sci Fi Channel, but I do live in Hollywood East, home of Screen Gems Studios, where the new Iron Man and Jennifer Anniston movies are being film, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Seriously, seemingly credible people from all professions and walks of life appear on this show emotionally shaken from what they have witnessed and with callaborating testimony from other people that have witnessed the same event. I will search the Skeptical Inquirer for its take.

When it comes to the supernatural, eyewittness testimony is all that you will ever have. Even if the blind see, the leper is healed, the lame walk. and the dead rise, there will aways be a contentious scientific explanation.

What makes them "seemingly credible"? Any famous scientists? If it's 2nd or 3rd tier "stars," remember they are professional actors. If they're someone I never heard of, don't make me laugh. The reality shows are populated with attention whores. And I think that show kind of qualifies as a reality show.

You are absolutely right. That is why I want to hear what the Skeptical Inquirer has to say.

The flying spaghetti monster is very clever.

And very delicious - a little Ragu, a little garlic bread, a nice salad, and dig in - now that's the kind of worshiping I could get used to.

@Michael - Thank you for answering my comment, that in itself is unusual.

The bible is not a living book - so, how come you are a Christian - where did you get your 'faith' from, if not from the bible. 

it is a dead mistranslation from original tongues with very questionable transliterations and insertions  - absolutely no question, dead from the moment a myriad of different men, from different tribes , over hundreds of years, uneducated, superstitious desert dwellers, who knew how gullible and superstitious other peoples were, and wanted the power and kudos of pretending to be magical, and that they talked to yet another made up god, who is invisible, and who lives in the sky. Your problem is, that now with communication what it is, I as an Atheist, already knew the bible was dead. That is where I get my disbelief from. So many varieties of bible, absolutely. But it is men, who decide I don't like that bit, and that bloke over there doesn't know what he is talking about, so I am going to start my own particular brand. If a bible, any bible, was the truth, the word of god, wouldn't it be obvious. Well, obviously not, so many religions, all with different rules to suit a particular bloke, and his fantasies.

I don't believe in a bible, any bible, or religious book of any kind - all made up myths, that also happen to be truly scary to an Atheist - the violence and hatred these books have caused. So, now one gets, some people following this bit, and disregard the rest, then others, pick this other bit as good, then they discard bits they don't like.

Living oracles of God who must make theire appearance concurrent with the fulfilment of these prophecies - no god, no oracles dead or alive, no ghosts, no elves, no goblins, no devil, no beast, no satan, just gullible, superstitious people who are made to be afraid.

All these religions are perpetuating more violence, more bloodshed, and the really sad thing, there are Atheists in all these arab countries, who are also going to get it in the neck, because of tribal interests, thousands of years old, that are hiding behind their particular book of tripe - three stupid books, and testosterone driven morons.

Here you go, talking about dominance - it's people like you who put your interpretation on things that is the cause of the problem. George Bush believed in Armageddon, so do a lot of Americans, Australians and other rampant xian countries. They don't care what happens, they love war, wiping out people, it is in the bible basher's blood.

"Living oracles of God who must make theire appearance concurrent with the fulfilment of these prophecies - no god, no oracles dead or alive, no ghosts, no elves, no goblins, no devil, no beast, no satan, just gullible, superstitious people who are made to be afraid.

All these religions are perpetuating more violence, more bloodshed, and the really sad thing, there are Atheists in all these arab countries, who are also going to get it in the neck, because of tribal interests, thousands of years old, that are hiding behind their particular book of tripe - three stupid books, and testosterone driven morons.

Here you go, talking about dominance - it's people like you who put your interpretation on things that is the cause of the problem. George Bush believed in Armageddon, so do a lot of Americans, Australians and other rampant xian countries. They don't care what happens, they love war, wiping out people, it is in the bible basher's blood."

There are fantastic claims even in the original undoctored text that must be addressed. And fantastic claims require equally fantastic proofs. without the fantastic proofs the hold concept of Christianity must be tossed.  Unfortunately all is not gold that glitters. Falsehood is out there under every category of religion even Christianity. So Christianity at lodged stands divided, hypocritical, mired in falsehood . It has been usurped to accomplished colonial goals and to dominate and Empire in the days of Christian Roman Empire. Despite the huge edifice of what is accepted as Christianity being a tottering baffon and paper tiger, easily dismissed by anyone with an inkling of education, the truth is, this is all by design and from the enemy, who has sowed these seeds from the beginning.

The Oracles of God have remain uncontaminated over time. Prophetically they are referred to as the the two olive trees and lampstands before the God of the whole earth. They shall come out of the wilderness, where they were spared, the ravagings of the Beasts of Rome, to declare;

Isaiah:

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

3To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified.

Revelations;

8The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is. 9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth. 10And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. 11And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. 12And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast. 13These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Imperial Roman Empire with its Emperor, is that Beast, reformulating before our eyes with its EU precurser.

And yet both the book of Isaiah and Revelations are located in the Bible that you agree is contaminated --#-o d'oh!

@Michael - Once again - you enjoy the spilling of innocent blood - and that is evil - what if you are wrong, it is to hell you go. One day, you will come out of this fog, and realised all the evil you are sprouting, and the evil religions have perpetuated, you included.

- Here you go, talking about dominance - it's people like you who put your interpretation on things that is the cause of the problem. George Bush believed in Armageddon, so do a lot of Americans, Australians and other rampant xian countries. They don't care what happens, they love war, wiping out people, it is in the bible basher's blood."

You have turned out to be a run of the mill christian, just another of the sheep, not answering any questions that I asked of you, and simply copying and pasting tripe.

no god, no oracles of made up stories,  dead or alive, no ghosts, no elves, no goblins, no devil, no beast, no satan, no heaven no hell,  just gullible, superstitious people who are made to be afraid.

Why don't you go out into the world, and help secular people clean up the christian messes, that people like you have created. Do something worthwhile in your life, or even have a go at answering my questions. Now, that would be a revelation.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service