Truth is, if there was solid evidence for the existence of God, it then would be a point of fact with no room for faith.

Therefore is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustain by God for our benefit?

Views: 3708

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you could loosen the bands of the seven sisters or draw leviathan with a hook. He would be the first to congratulate  you, call you his equal and receive your counsel.

The "Seven Sisters," Mikey, is formed by seven hot new stars, and are not banded in any way, in fact, they're thousands of light years apart. Now it could well be that some nomad, running around in the desert, having no idea what stars really were, or anything about them really, may have decided they were somehow banded, but see, that's the problem with making up a bunch of crap like that, writing it in a book, and claiming that some god said it - you really gotta get it right, 'cause if you don't, then somebody like me is going to say something like, "What kind of god is this, that thinks these 7 stars, thousands of light years apart, with temperatures of thousands of degrees, have a 'band' around them?!! What an idiot!"

As for Leviathan, you show him to me, and I'll hook him! Fair enough? You go stand on a beach somewhere - anywhere you think he is - and as soon as you spot him, you give me a holler, and I'll come a'runnin' with my cane pole and the biggest ol' fishin' hook you ever did see, OK? I mean, we'll fillet that sucker and have the biggest ol' barbeque, whoooeee! - we'll invite the whole TA clan and just have us a whale of a time!

I probably should ask, he's not on the endangered species list by any chance, is he?

Now you stand right there til you see him, hear? Don't you move --

Um... the Pleiades are 116 light years away and the core cluster is 8 light years in radius.  So they aren't thousands of light years apart.

But the cluster is still ridiculously big to be "banded together" and the cluster is an open cluster, which as I understand it, means that it is not even figuratively "banded together" by gravity.  (So let's not use the dodge that it's just a metaphor.)

Clearly those nomads writing scripture thought the Pleiades were only a few miles away on a hemispherical "firmament."

Hey, it was 2 in the freakin' AM and I was responding to a blithering idiot - do you really think I'm going to look up the distance between the Pleides, or just wing it, like he'd know the difference?

And you're still welcome to the fish fry, should be any day now --

No the idiot may be the one that rattles incorrect scientific facts off the top of his, with malice aforethought and in full view of everyone.

Why aren't you standing on a beach, keeping an eye out for Leviathan? If you miss him, there goes the fish fry --

Leviathan, the great dragon lets the Beast rule in his presences. "Who is like the Beast and who can make war with it" The old serpent has been cast out...upon the earth having great wrath"..make war with them upon the earth...thoses that keep the commandents of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Michael, Michael, Michael. Is there no end to your horseshit? Why are you here? To bear witness and gain converts. Have you found one single person here who's the least bit receptive to your nonsense? What you have't told us is yet is why Christianity and not Judaism, Islam, or Zoroastrianism? They have their own versions of the Biblebanger as well and I'm sure you'd be welcome in THEIR little cults, too?

Michael, don't you have anything better to do? Go row your boat ashore, or something --

Or use it to catch up with your Sanity Ship, you know, the one that has already sailed?

Well, see Miguelito, there's a reason for that - I simply don't have enough respect for you, to make any concerted effort to ascertain the facts, what with all of the nonsense you've spouted over the months.

@ Unseen?

"Why are you here ", A not so cloaked philosophical question.

Why Christianity over any other religion? It is the only religion that can raise the dead, cleanse the leper, heal the sick, make the lame walk and cast out demons. You want to see a demon at work?. Read about documented instances of people coming out of truama speaking a language they never learned in their life fluently.

You want to see the dead raised?, Look to Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

I think I have already, myself, and a few friends. Sadly it had nothing to do with your invisable friend, as far as I can see, just good medicine, good surgery, smart people, and caring staff!

The only time I saw religion involved, was when some fellow came in to drop a bible onto my bed. I was rather stoned with morphine at the time, maybe I was dreaming it? I do remember yelling at the nurse for touching my foot, but they understood very nicely 

If you or your invisable friend want to claim credit, you might want to explain how you knew me about 1974, or why the car hit me? Maybe payback for becoming an atheist 37 years latter?

I never tried speeking an 'unlearned' language. I did take three years of Latin once, would that fill that need?

I have never seen a demon, but I have seen and experienced my share of the disturbed, foolish, cruel, etc.

Why are we here? A very good question, but it does not seem to be 'happy'. I am still working on this with some success.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Torture Works

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 2 minutes ago. 40 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 4 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.