Truth is, if there was solid evidence for the existence of God, it then would be a point of fact with no room for faith.

Therefore is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustain by God for our benefit?

Views: 3793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just figure that the question is just about as important for by day to day existence as the age of the universe, Lilly Tomlin's birthday, and how many live young sow bugs have.

I don't.

And of course I doubt God "maintain" [sic] it either, since the nonexistent cannot do shit.

Author Delos McKowan may have put it just a tad more eloquently, when he said, "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike."

Hahaha!!!How true!

Found on a bathroom stall (and no, I didn't write it!) --

Number One post again.....here we go....

Ok.                            

No God!                                  God exists!              

[No evidence for 'god']       OK                               Suppression?/not available?   

[Evidence for 'god']      Delusion?/bad data        No Suppression/not yet convencing

Alternative                           No God!                                      God exists!  

[No evidence for 'god']    Atheists Right/Theists wrong      Atheists Wrong/Theists Right

[Evidence for 'god']        Atheists Right/Theists Deluded   Atheists Deluded/Theists Right

Just my funny attempt to get this stuff straight!

LOL

God is so powerful that he created a universe that didn't have a god.

One of His many powers, along with creating an object so heavy that not even He can lift it.

So you're saying you've put on a little weight?

Michael, why should there be a need for faith? Why the games? Why doesn't God just say, "I'm your God. Here's your proof. Now just be good little slaves and bow down before my majesty or I won't let you live forever in my magical amusement park after you die"?

Theists put such a premium on faith, which, as I see it, is only a vehicle to force belief in things too incredible to believe. But clearly, by every verse of scripture I've read, this Judeo/Christian/Islamic god craves adoration, which would be far more freely given if he/she/it would make him-/her-/itself clearly obvious to everyone, so the question is, which is more important to him/her/it, faith or adoration?

If faith, there's no reason to bitch about fewer adorers. If adoration, just show yourself and eliminate the need for faith.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 3 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service