Truth is, if there was solid evidence for the existence of God, it then would be a point of fact with no room for faith.

Therefore is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustain by God for our benefit?

Views: 4518

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Still you must answer, why is the mega-fuana absent from myths and legends?. My answer is that they are creatures of the prior Genesis that the principalities of the air were successful in having the men of that Genesis destroyed by incurring God's wrath. Such wrath we are incurring today. However we of this Genesis do have a deliverer.

Why are dragons and unicorns, and gyr-falcons, the sphinx, the phoenix part of our myths and legends - does that mean they're real? Did they miss the disaster that destroyed the men of your "First Genesis"?

My answer is that they were hunted to extinction before men learned to write. Check out the cave paintings, there are plenty of "Mega-Fauna" represented there. Men of that time couldn't write, but they could draw.

Do you really expect anyone to believe that cave-dwelling hunter-gatherers lived a sufficiently "sinful" life that they incurred your god's wrath? How could they do that without a guidebook, such as the Bible, to tell them what did and did not piss off your god?

That's my whole point. In addition to hunter gathers, civilization was going on and pretty advanced for example Catal huhuk, Jericho, Dwarka, Gopetki Tepe, during the Wurm Glaciation. Moreover writing has been found at sites such as Dwarka. So indeed, even during the Mega-fuana events have been recorded (we just can't decipher the writing). Moreover the trilithon stones in Lebonon with at least one stone tipping the scale near 1500 tons attest to a civilization moving stones that are at the limit of our capablities with our mechanized technology. This not even mentioning Puma Punku with massive stones cut to precision out of Durite. We are indeed challenged to perform this feat with our existing technology. Contractors interviewed have rendered it as impossible.

Your WHOLE POINT, Michael? You're trying to move the goal posts!

Your argument was that there were no "Mega-Fauna" myths, and I demonstrated that cave dwellers, though they had no written language, drew pictures (their form of literature) of "Mega-Fauna," proving that what you said was false, and now you've stated that that was your point, and gone off on a completely different tangent. You amaze me, but not a lot.

These chains are getting confusing. Let me clarify.

Indeed writings and civilization have been found prior to the period covered by bible. circa. 9000-12000 BCE, so if we are related to the men of that age (Cro-magnon, who by the way had a higher volumetric brain capacity) then we had every oppurtunity to record myths and legends about the Mega-fuana. But we are not related to Cro-magnon, our volumetric cranial capacities are smaller. We can not decipher any thing that was written at Dwarka and other antidiluvian sites, because the writing is not ours. The writing is from a pre-existing genesis. This is why we do not have any of the Mega-fauna in our myths and legends. It is not because we could not write as you contend.

Mike - here's some of the Mega-fauna you claim never made it into the book of legends:

HEAVY BREEDING
(http://www.3quarksdaily.com/.a/6a00d8341c562c53ef016767021f66970b-p...)

In 1920, the brothers Lutz and Heinz Heck, directors of the Berlin and Munich zoos, respectively, began a two-decade breeding experiment. Working with domestic cattle sought out for their “primitive” characteristics, they attempted to recreate “in appearance and behavior” the living likeness of the animals’ extinct wild ancestor: the aurochs. “Once found everywhere in Germany,” according to Lutz Heck, by the end of the Middle Ages the aurochs had largely succumbed to climate change, overhunting, and competition from domestic breeds.1 The last aurochs herds died out in the Polish-Lithuanian Union, where a documented population persisted under royal protection in Mazovia until the middle of the seventeenth century. Historical descriptions of these animals identified the aurochs as similar to domestic oxen, but entirely black, with a whitish stripe running down the back.2 More distant accounts emphasized their ferocity and imposing size. Julius Caesar described the aurochs of Germania as an elephantine creature prone to unprovoked attack.
more from Michael Wang at Cabinet here (http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/45/wang.php).

I'm puzzled. What is the "preconceived hunter gatherer concept" that Gobekli Tepe supposedly shatters? Yes, it may be the oldest known civilization (so old that it shatters the Biblical notion of the age of the universe), but just because there was an early civilization in Turkey it doesn't follow that everywhere else hunting and gathering wasn't going on.

Explain please.

Of course Hunter Gatherers, existed at all times, even as they do today. The point is, the traditional view is that, that's all that existed prior to civilization cropping up in Mesopotamia.

And how does that support your contention (a contention I'm slowly losing any grasp of). So please remind me of both. What is the importance?

And that notion of an oldest known civilization, keeps getting pushed back. If you are familiar with the writings of Joseph Campbell, he summarized the existing notions of his day that is found in our histroy books. Civilization sprouted from the fertile Crescent and prior to that, there were just hunter gatherers during the Neolithic age. I state that there was a whole Genesis before ours, even with its own advanced civilization before if was destroyed. Most of the advance civilization existed along to coast of continents, Dwarka for instance. When the Glaciers melted, all evidence of the advance civilizations were inundated. Some call this Noahaic flood, but I disagree. I call it the destruction of a pre-existing Genesis, along with it's Mega fuana. Of course it can be equally argued that the prior age ended just due to climatic changes, well in my book the same difference.

So the bible starts with the inundated ruins of the prior Genesis: "And darkness was upon the face of the depths.."

NO.

It is absolutely possible and the reason is that God is intentionally relational. He cannot be reduced to data. The benefit you are referring to is the personal relationship you can have with God.

For all those who don't have evidence, go out and look for it yourselves. It is worth the search. Ask Christians why they believe. Don't wait for them to come to you. If they don't have an answer, that's their problem. Keep searching with an open heart and you'll find your evidence. I say "heart" because its a relationship that God wants. He doesn't just want you to know He's there. That is completely meaningless unless you know Him personally.

I have a friend named Greg who shared with me his evidence for believing. When he was 9 years old, he was in southeast Asia with his parents, who were missionaries, when he was diagnosed with a terminal illness. He was taken to the best hospital in the area and not one doctor believed he was going to live much longer. Soon after, a Christian couple came in and prayed for him and the VERY NEXT DAY, he was completely healed. Upon examination, not one doctor believed that what happened was possible. There was no explanation. How is that not evidence that there is a higher power in control?

Another friend of mine, named Jim, didn't believe in God at all. One day, he decided to ask God (if He was real) to show him in some amazing and extreme way that He was out there. Not long after, Jim was diagnosed with cancer. You can only imagine he hated God at this point. It got worse and worse, and no treatment was working. Jim was soon told that he was going to die in less than two months. The only chance he had was a bone marrow transplant. They searched for exact matches only to find that there was one and only one match available. A sixteen year old girl, who happened to be an atheist. Against all odds, the transplant was successful and Jim recovered. The whole scenario was God's answer to his request. Evidence right there.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service