Truth is, if there was solid evidence for the existence of God, it then would be a point of fact with no room for faith.

Therefore is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustain by God for our benefit?

Views: 3810

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

True, "We preached, Christ crucified, foolishness, to  the Greeks and a stumbling block to the Jews"

WHAT neutral existence?  There's nothing neutral about theism in MY mind.  There is no God lurking in MY mind.  There are NO gods competing for a place in MY mind.  The concept is rejected totally by MY mind.  The evidence for any sort of theistic entity does not engage MY mind, since it simply does not exist.  Religion is a supernatural fantasy concocted by fearful, irrational minds.  That's certainly not MY mind.  Bottom line:  it's only MY mind that counts, and there is no such thing as "neutrality" in MY mind.

And the question, "...is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustained by God for our benefit?" is a silly one, since the question itself lacks neutrality, since it accepts, implicitly, the existence of God's (capital G") intent.  The answer, by the way is NO, it is NOT possible!    

This is nonsense.  You're basically suggesting that "God" loves us too much to provide any evidence for its existence because faith is a virtue.  That doesn't make any sense at all and presupposes the existence of a god.

What makes far more sense is that ambiguity is part of the essential infidelity that allows the idea of religion to evolve and survive generation to generation.  If the idea of a god was strictly defined, it would be so inflexible it could not change and adapt as cultures evolved.  The religions and spiritual systems that are more adaptable (ie, more vague) have a greater survival value in modern times because of all the access to information we have.  This is why pantheistic conceptions of god (ie, "god is energy") are more and more popular today.  People are more and more picking and choosing from the 'faith buffet' and that works for religion as it is the only way religion is going to survive as more specific conceptualizations of gods are dismissed and discarded.  

Don't get me wrong, the son of God will return and usher in the thousand years of peace some time after the Jews construct the Temple in Jerusalem using the Keystone recently found from the previous Temple. They have already bred a sufficient amount of red heffers necessary for the purification of Priests. Moreover the Sandhedrim has been reinstated. Slowly Jerusalem is molding into the pre-Vaspasion destruction era, as it must to fulfill the prophecies.

Drivel.  What does that have to do with what I wrote?  

The idea of a god is a selfish meme.  No more, no less.

The scary part is that there are people out there breeding red heifers -- and doing worse -- in order to bring about the conditions talked about in Revelations, real world political and environmental considerations be damned.

Supernaturalizing the human experience makes it impossible to understand and value humanity's place in the natural environment.  That is why religion is so bad and why actively resisting it is one of the most worthwhile things a person could do. 

Incorrect, the Jews do not believe in Christian prophecies nor Revelations. 

Their motivation and goal have been decreed before the foundations of the earth. Foreshadowed by Melchizedek, the high priest of Salem to whom Abraham tithed with Levi being in his loins connoting the superior Priesthood which was to come: Melchizedek- "Neither having beginning of life nor end of days, but of whom it is witnessed, he lives"

Yeshua (the Anointed) is that high  priest.

Eh, who said anything about Jewish people?  WTF are you talking about?

I am, in fact, correct that there are those who are actively trying to bring about a 'Biblical apocalypse.'  John Hagee, for example:  http://prospect.org/article/pastor-strangelove

The rest of what you've written isn't worth responding to as it is utter nonsense.  If you continue to follow up with irrelevant drivel, I'll simply respond in kind by quoting from Lorem Ipsum.  

I am sure I would understand Lorem Ipsum better than this blog. Why do xians ask such inane questions?

Where are you Archy, with your snoring happy face?

And Yep, what Kyle said:D

How about George W - all lined up for the Apocalypse, did he read John Hagee's rubbish. It's a worry when the most powerful country on earth, and therefore the most powerful man on earth, the American president, not just believes this claptrap, but then acts on it.

This hateful, stupid person John Hagee, says the USA must join Israel in a pre-emptive strike against Iran to fulfill god's plan. What the Flying F**ck.

This stuff is truly terrifying.

RE: "Where are you Archy, with your snoring happy face?" - if you didn't live at the opposite end of the earth, we'd be snoring simultaneously.

If you're asking why I'm not commenting, judging by his rants, this poor nutjob is obviously suffering from multiple psychological problems and I'm unqualified at long distance therapy of the unwilling (and quite likely incurable).

arch

'Nutjob' - Nah, just the usual, run of the mill xian who asks stupid questions and makes stupid statements that he can't back up.

This "run of the mill xian" attempts to prophesy, which, (imo) qualifies him for a first-class accommodation in the rubber room.

He is just getting off topic.  He is attempting to summarize the entire book of Hebrews from the NT in one paragraph. 

RSS

Forum

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 6 hours ago. 3 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 18 hours ago. 15 Replies

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by James Cox 18 hours ago. 40 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service