Truth is, if there was solid evidence for the existence of God, it then would be a point of fact with no room for faith.

Therefore is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustain by God for our benefit?

Views: 3793

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Again, all of those are located in what, by your own words, are, "three stupid books, and testosterone driven morons" - you can't have it both ways.

@onyango makagutu"Michael you seem to have an obsession with beasts. Do you have bad dreams or what happens? Did someone scare you with beasts when you were young and the fear never left you? 

How could christ forecast anything if the evidence even for his having existed is so weak? I think it's time you got a hobby and in the absence of one you could even start by playing solitaire on your computer!"

You are aware as well as I, that in Africa very educated people will give testimony to bizarre and strange encounters. Maybe some of these are drug induced, however even investigators have attested to strange phenomena that they can't explain. Most notiable would be Aldous Huxley.

RE: "even investigators have attested to strange phenomena that they can't explain."

I would need to know specifically what phenomena, by whom it was investigated, and by what methodology.

Unless of course, you're just making this up --

And BTW, Huxley was born in the century BEFORE last, and died in 1963, before we had even a small percentage of the investigative equipment available that we now have, so don't even try to use him as a reference. If Huxley is the most "notiable," your whole story is in a bit of a credibility quagmire.

@archaeopteryx "Again, all of those are located in what, by your own words, are, "three stupid books, and testosterone driven morons" - you can't have it both ways."

This is why I am forced go back to the original tongues to avoid, trinitarian,denominational sway and transliterational errors. For instance the King James has been translated with a Trinitarian bias. The hoodwinked and befuddled on earth do not void the veracity and authenticity of the original tongues nor immutablity of His counsel.

None of the original works exist - just copies of copies of copies. The tongue might be original, but not necessarily the words.

And even if they accidentally were, how much validity can anyone expect from a 3,000 year-old man, who believed that the earth was flat and that the moon produced its own light?

@ archaeopteryx

Traditional African medicine is a holistic discipline involving indigenous herbalism and African spirituality, typically involving diviners, midwives, and herbalists. Practitioners of traditional African medicine claim to be able to cure various and diverse conditions such as cancers, psychiatric disorders, high blood pressure, cholera, most venereal diseases, epilepsy, asthma, eczema, fever, anxiety, depression, benign prostatic hyperplasia, urinary tract infections, gout, and healing of wounds and burns.[1]

Diagnosis is reached through spiritual means and a treatment is prescribed, usually consisting of an herbal remedy that has not only healing abilities, but symbolic and spiritual significance. Traditional African medicine, with its belief that illness is not derived from chance occurrences, but through spiritual or social imbalance, differs greatly from In recent years, the treatments and remedies used in traditional African medicine have gained more appreciation from researchers in Western science. Developing countries have begun to realize the high costs of modern health care systems and the technologies that are required, thus proving Africa's dependence to it.[2] Due to this, interest has recently been expressed in integrating traditional African medicine into the continent's national health care systems.[1] An African healer embraced this concept by making a 48-bed hospital, the first of its kind, in Kwa-Mhlanga, South Africa, which combines traditional methods with homeopathy, iridology, and other Western healing methods,

@archaeopteryx

None of the original works exist - just copies of copies of copies. The tongue might be original, but not necessarily the words.

And even if they accidentally were, how much validity can anyone expect from a 3,000 year-old man, who believed that the earth was flat and that the moon produced its own light?"

I use the litmus test prescribed by Moses. If what that prophet says does not come to pass, he shall be stoned and you shall not fear him. Of course I can not stone a prophet, but these prophets made predictions destined for their current day also and obviously remain among the living. Also I have seen for myself their worlds coming true by my study of history and current events. I have posted already near term things that are indeed coming true.

"psychiatric disorders" you say - might I recommend an extensive African vacation, during which, you see if they can do anything for you.

RE: "I use the litmus test prescribed by Moses." - well, then we've clearly isolated at least one of your many, many problems - Moses didn't write any portion of the Pentateuch, and thus, we not only don't know that Moses even HAD a litmus test, or in fact, whether or not Moses even existed - there is no archeological evidence of a mass migration of Jews from Egypt to the Levant, loaded down with half of the wealth of the land, and comprising - according to the Bible's own tally - what would have been roughly half of the entire population of Egypt.

Michael am at a loss here, how does that even closely respond to my question?

And who are these African investigators you are talking of,what were they investigating and what results did they bring that were bizarre? And further still what has Africa or any place for that matter got to do with the question I asked you?

I have looked at the response you have written to archy for the life of me I don't see any investigators you have mentioned. You talk of spiritual healers, if those who use them claim they work, what problem have you with that?

You should try to be at least honest and either say I don't know or I will get back to you on that then writing whole pages of irrelevant stuff just to deflect the questions you have been asked.

@ onyango makagutu "I have looked at the response you have written to archy for the life of me I don't see any investigators you have mentioned. You talk of spiritual healers, if those who use them claim they work, what problem have you with that?

You should try to be at least honest and either say I don't know or I will get back to you on that then writing whole pages of irrelevant stuff just to deflect the questions you have been asked"

Here I show that the medical community recognizes the therapeutic value of traditional healing methods. Since it is a strongly spiritual based approach it certainly noteworthy to see science in partnership with that which critical thinkers consider whimsical and magical thinking. But yes this reference has nothing to do with Aldous Huxley. There are current researchers in Africa, just google paranormal and Africa, however these sites do not mention their credentials, so still looking. 

RSS

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service