Truth is, if there was solid evidence for the existence of God, it then would be a point of fact with no room for faith.

Therefore is it possible that the continued neutrality is being sustain by God for our benefit?

Views: 3725

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

(Can anyone tell that she's an Aspie?)

No

I have heard someone say to me that if Jesus was somehow proven to be the son of God that he would lose his faith immediately (crazy I know). It's the impossibility of the belief that attracted him to it. It's the underdog position which makes it good i.e. the sheer lunacy of it is what makes it 'respectable' in his eyes.

Better to be a stock raven fool for God. Problem is that there are to many stock raven fools that believe that they are on God's side. 

I think you meant to say "stark raving" rather than "stock raven".

I stand corrected. Engineers, good with numbers and bad with words.

Better to be a stock raven fool for God. Problem is that there are to many stock raven fools that believe that they are on God's side.

Better to be a stock raven fool for God The Great Pink Unicorn (peace and blessings be upon Her). Problem is that there are to many stock raven fools that believe that they are on God's The Great Pink Unicorn's (peace and blessings be upon Her) side.

Michael (and anyone else too anxious to jump in), I'm not trying troll or to mock or make fun of you. I'm posing a serious question. What's the difference between the reasonableness of your text vs my text, and/or how would you answer my quote differently from your quote?

Man don't you theists ever get tired of such twisted mental gymnastics?

There is no proof because god made it so. LOL.

Even if it were so, how would it be for our benefit? Throughout the bible your god doesn't seem to be shy about interacting with certain humans, so why all the secrecy? Seems ridiculous.

Yes serecy for our benefit sound outlandish. Just raising the premise to kick around,

Since, if he were a point of fact, faith would not exist and salvation would be void. Since "we are justified by faith".

what about all those people in the bible who god spoke directly to, like moses for one?  are you telling me that according to your doctrine they all went to hell since they no longer needed faith to believe god existed ?

the only way what you are saying could make any sense at all would be for a strictly deistic god

Personally, I suspect the bush was burning because Moses had part of it rolled up in a ZigZag --

pax vobiscum,
archaeopteryx
www.in-His-own-image.com

I am referring to the new covenant only.

But even with the old covenant these individuals acted with faith. 

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service