What are some of the traits of a dictator? From what I have read they seem to be good speakers, they appeal to the impoverished masses, they will give the masses someone to blame for their circumstances, they promise to change their situation if they follow him. They convince them that they are superior to others. They love power and to be idolised by their followers, the power trip. Dictators live in luxury while their followers remain desperate and at the same time maintain the dictators life of luxury. If any of the followers goes against them they are eliminated.

The biblical God

1. If and when he spoke people listened

2. The poor Jews listened

3. He gave them someone to blame

4. He promised that if they followed him and him alone, the land of milk and honey

5. He convinced them that they are superior to others

6. He had them belief that they can steal and commit genocide to get what they whant

7. The people maintained his life of luxury if you look at his opsession with gold

8. If any follower turned against him they would be eliminated

To me their is no difference between God, Hitler, Mugabe or any other dictator present and past

Views: 94

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dictators live in luxury while their followers remain desperate and at the same time maintain the dictators life of luxury.

And often remind their followers of how terrible life would be without the dictator in charge.

I just find it so biblical though and don't see the difference between modern dictators and the biblical God

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service