Is it religions fault that the discrimination against the GLBT exists?

Views: 1444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sorry about the confusion, it was a poor word choice on my part and I'll try to clarify my point.

@Heather: I'm not trying to say that homosexuality is "against" religion but more specifically against the teachings of Abrahamic religions(primarily male homosexuality). I was led to believe this through multiple verses within the new and old testament, Corinthians 6:9-11, Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13 and Romans 1:26-27 (just to name a few) as well as statements made by followers of Christianity, Islam and Jewdeism... "GOD HATES FAGS" and things of the like.

@Mith: I agree with your post and acknowledge that a major reason for banning homosexuality was to promote the spread of the ideals and control of a certain religious group. Actually thank you for making this point, I largely overlooked it for some reason(viewed it as a correlation and less a causation).

@Rich: I'm sorry but I don't really understand your post. What I gathered is that a person who was a homosexual created a part of a major belief system that rejected who he was. I suppose it makes sense on a individualistic psychological standpoint that someone was trying to ban it and therefor seem less gay or something.

If you could please reiterate your point I'd appreciate it because from my current standpoint it makes no sense outside of the anti-gay gays psychology.

when you say the anti gay gays psychology are you saying gay people who are anti gay ?  that is a little confusing what do u mean ????

agree

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Torture Works

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Unseen 1 minute ago. 45 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service