Is life just one large effect from one gigantic cause? Speaking in terms of the universe as a whole.

Is life just one large effect from one gigantic cause? Speaking in terms of the universe as a whole.

Can our small impact on the universe help create another cause that leads to an opposite effect or is it just part of the ongoing effect from an original cause?

Tags: the, universe

Views: 38

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I only acknowledge what I find in the study, which is no different than any scientist or psychologist uses in their studies. My studies are personal at the moment, maybe one day i will right a article on the subject but doubtful as it really doesn't matter. There really are no limits to any approach I use. I often you generalizations to stir up other discussions which leads to further evidence. There are few limits to a study on the mind and how it thinks, especially when tlking about peoples beliefs. Often people will stray away from telling you what they really think while others tend to put their foot in mouth right from the beginning. again not like i have never done this, it is apart of our social structure. So, no i wouldn't say it is anecdotal evidence because it is based on what people say not what i think they say.

If a psychologist asks their patients year after year the same questions and they receive close if not the same answer, then is that anecdotal evidence(or hearsay), If the psychologist concludes that the majority of their patients feel a certain way or share a similar view, is that hearsay.

Bottom line is it really doesn't matter, we will continue this behavior most likely till the end of our time, while denying we ever act the same way as those we speak out against. It's a vicious cycle that i do hope later generation can move away from, but it is unlikely because society is set up to divide instead of bring together.
I only acknowledge what I find in the study, which is no different than any scientist or psychologist uses in their studies.

What you are doing with this thread and what scientists and psychologists use in their studies are substantially different.
"What you are doing with this thread and what scientists and psychologists use in their studies are substantially different."

The only difference is how you perceive it to be different. In any study on any subject scientist or psychologist use various methods to reach the answer they seek. This post or question i have asked is no different than any study done on the human mind. You don't always need tons of gadgets or have personal talks with someone on a couch. I have asked this question to more than one group of people, as this discussion arose from a inside topic i had with friends. I alos asked the same question to the religious class i am currently taking. So in essence while it may be unorthodox, it is a study in which i can use as research.

In the case of this website i would say, intelligence can often get in the way of simple discussion and cause people to butt heads if you will.
Very nice all the way we assume events. No event can happen without time. True nothing in non-existent timeless space has no events. It is my theory a disturbance self-initaited by nothing needed a way to "event" itself or in other words make time and energy and space possible. Now life my theory is that life like gravity makes structure in the universe for which entropy works to unstructure every nano second.

This is all detailed in a book I wrote, "the odd atheist bible, 50 pages" The book in its draft form is on the blog space of my profile. I two weeks ago dared anyone to find the one math/physics error I made but no one has bothered to study it I suppose.

davo - by the way, I think life on Earth was transported first from Mars on an meteor from Mars a few Billion years ago.
I will give your book a look. I think it is possible that mars may have been the catalyst that started life on our planet.

If you could explain your ideas of time to me a little better that would be appreciated. I myself have a view of time but i wont get into it on this discussion.

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service