We're in a crazy period. Home values have been rising and "flipping" is starting up again in places like Miami and Las Vegas, today the stock market is going through the roof, setting a new record. The jobs report tells us that jobs are being created at a very slow pace and that new unemployment claims are down. 

At the same time, the new jobs don't pay as well as the jobs they are replacing and the income gap is wider than ever.

Is it time for a revolution?

Tags: Street, Wall, estate, housing, jobs, market, real, stock

Views: 865

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it goes like this in their heads, "Big Gub'mint--No way! That's my money goin' to black welfare moms and 'Mexican' anchor babies. States' Rights! Deregulation! Less taxes! Small government, Big Business!!!  For Crissakes, will someone please think of the job-makers!" Most of these "middle class" white republicans are only a few paychecks away from joining the mostly white masses dependent on food stamps to almost put the food on the table. Damn, is the Republican Party slick!

You left out let's get school prayer back and praise Jaysus.

I don't understand why the poor in the south and elsewhere vote against their best interests by voting for these right wing conservatives.  The right wing is not interested in the poor or the middle class.  They are only interested in their wealthy buddies.

Because their overall limited education doesn't allow them to see beyond the smokescreen Repubs throw up, such as religion, gun control, abortion, to distract them from noticing that their pockets are being picked.

Ever since I read this I've had this song in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8

Tracy Chapman - Talkin' Bout a Revolution

A revolution should have a solution. I think the problem is complex driven by overpopulation, and finally the end of exploitation of other cultures and easily obtained natural resources to sustain growth. The pyramid is upside down. We will have to learn to live with less, it must be an internal revolution/revelation. Our decline will seem like a damped sinusoid with a decreasing amplitude, exactly as unseen described by "At the same time, the new jobs don't pay as well as the jobs they are replacing and the income gap is wider than ever."

I've often thought that the world would be a more peaceful place if all countries were equally prosperous and everybody's skin tone was light mocha brown and we shared a common culture. Of course those latter two points go against the beliefs of the pro-diversity people. 

Oh, and religion would have to be gone as well, of course.

How long before someone says, "Hey guys, I was thinking about how we have a decent amount of prosperity and all...which is good. But what if we had more!? That would be GREAT! We could totally take on county X and Y, and then we'd have three times out wealth. Fuck 'em! God Bless Country Z! They hate us for our freedom! Et cetera, et cetera!" 

That's the first thing I thought of!

Jesus Christ! it's an earworm!

That's what SHE said --

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service