We're in a crazy period. Home values have been rising and "flipping" is starting up again in places like Miami and Las Vegas, today the stock market is going through the roof, setting a new record. The jobs report tells us that jobs are being created at a very slow pace and that new unemployment claims are down. 

At the same time, the new jobs don't pay as well as the jobs they are replacing and the income gap is wider than ever.

Is it time for a revolution?

Tags: Street, Wall, estate, housing, jobs, market, real, stock

Views: 864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gerry-mandering of congressional districts has made it so that very few if any representatives and senators get replaced unless they do something stupid and have to resign or otherwise voluntarily step down. Even Michelle Bachman, the woman who said that the HPV vaccine causes mental retardation, will find it difficult to get kicked out of office.

That's probably because she's living proof that she was right.

Aaaaaaaaah... I see what you did there.

You gotta treasure those lightbulb moments --

More evidence: Mark Sanford

dude as soon as I saw that last night, I immediately remembered Arch's post. It hasn't even been that long they still voted this cheater back.

Ain't it to truth!  I've always tried to look at politicians' records whenever there is an election, if possible, and completely ignore ads. All I really care about when casting my ballot is voting record, then, after that, is a few things that they claim to support / reject, but I do my best to read between the lines and look for more over-reaching issues like gun control or suppression of civil rights (especially when claiming that it's "for our own good").

@ archaeopteryx, About Bush, I was thinking the same way, in politics some people have very short memories, after the fact that although Pelosi blocked impeaching Bush, and I think she was as guilty as he is and seeing the laws that Bush broke all over the place that he would just get off scot-free I find very upsetting that nothing was done about it, there was no justice done. There were scandals on Hillary Clinton and people just seem to completely forget about that also, even to the point of being considered running for POTUS by many later on.

The bar is set pretty high to justify impeachment. It's hard to say who qualifies and who does not. The last person to clearly qualify was Spiro Agnew, for using his office to sell favors for profit.

Let me give you another example, Warren - AT&T, (American Telephone and Telegraph), for the expenses they encountered for giving us national telephone coverage early in the last century, was granted an exclusive monopoly on telephone (and presumably, telegraph) service in the country. Their motto was, "We may be the only phone company in town, but we try not to act like it!" which was pure BS, as they charged what they liked for their phones and services - try missing a monthly payment, and you were back to two tin cans and a string.

In fact, in the original version of the movie, "Fun with Dick and Jane," with George Segal and Jane Fonda, about a whitebread suburban couple who turn to armed robbery of businesses, due to an economic downturn, one of the places they robbed was an AT&T office - the audience roared their approval!

Finally, the courts broke it up, allowing competition to enter the market, and it broke up into the four "Baby Bells," a year later, it was bought by Southwestern Bell, and a few years after that, Southwestern Bell changed its name to - say it isn't so - AT&T, and is back on top of the heap again! And today, hardly anyone remembers what a nightmare AT&T was.

One way to do it is through a third party. In the past, I've been against third parties because they become unduly powerful and, in effect, can get their way by being kingmakers. This is how it works in countries with weak major parties. 

I don't see a violent upheaval of the common man happening anytime soon, but I'd not be surprised with a few pointed assassination of judges with life term appointments. 

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service