Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If so, then such a belief is subject to drastic changes as discoveries and theories

have recently arose that shatter the paradigm that is the foundation of such a belief:

Discoveries keep pushing back the inception of civilization, indefinitely back in time

Evidence of coastal civilizations existing during the ice age are arising in now inundated coastal region due to rising seas.

The concept of a missing link is no longer postulated as a bush of hominids lineages walked  the earth. With what was once considered ancestors, actually being contemporary with postulated descendants. A bush of hominids actually existed as recently as 30,0000 B.C.E.

Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life.

Our very existence is interwoven with the anthropic principle. As such this has required scientist to postulate the multiverse to explain how the anthropic principle is mindlessly satisfied by nature. However this just substitutes one unfalsifiable believe for another.

In truth, Darwin's world has been shattered and the truth has become intractable. Even as we cope with dark matter and energy. Terms that falsely connote that we have defined them, when in fact they are no more apparent than God. As such new scientific theories continue to emerge based on the inadequacy of the standard model. This will continue into infinitum since, as God there is no means to detect these alleged entities with scientific instrumentation.

Views: 4023

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, you popo most of christian ideology, then you go all waco over the rest of it. Thanks for all the non-help. I think I'll cut all the rest of your classes, and hope that you get some help.

Michael take care!

You have ears to hear but do not hear, You have eyes to see but  do not see. The enemy has completely blinded you in your bitterness. The Good News is that God is real and his Martyrs have walked the planet, but they are not apart of the above.

@James Cox - RE: "Thanks for all the non-help." - did you really think he came here to help?!

RE: "God is real and his Martyrs have walked the planet" - hopefully, only the one you're from. Here, we have a strict immigration policy in place! (Who am I kidding, even I can't say THAT with a straight face!)

What a sad little god you have, who requires people to martyr themselves for him. A real god would wish his creations joy and happiness, a Netflix weekend with endless beer, a warm puppy, you know, good stuff --

You HAVE heard of good stuff, haven't you? Or is it all religion with you? Now THAT would be my definition of hell!

Michael, how would you define words like "pompous" and "blowhard" in a way that you would escape them?

(:-$ don't tell anyone shh!Kettle, Unseen - KETTLE!)

And 537 in Sanscrit and $2.98 in Walmart!

But then we come to the BIG one, the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything, and we KNOW that that's 42!!

I might be an AtoZ- type of atheist. I dislike people that pretend to classify with the underlying quiet assertion that everyone, atheist, has to fill some nitch. I want my life back from theists, classifiers, and system builders. I don't want theists pretending that my dis-belief is about them, like their 'god' has any force except to distract.   

well stated Jason!!

Is Atheism Predicated Partially on the Belief in Evolution?

Perhaps indirectly.

Creationism is predicated on the Genesis dogma, and (ironically) tries to hijack science to disprove evolution. So some people probably become atheists out of anger because of the pseudo-science of Creationism. (See Project Steve.)

Those clowns have no business trying to speak on God's behalf. All they do is disenchant anyone with any semblance of intelligence.

:O) clownI agree Mikey, better to stick with the clowns you know -- :O) clown

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service