Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If so, then such a belief is subject to drastic changes as discoveries and theories

have recently arose that shatter the paradigm that is the foundation of such a belief:

Discoveries keep pushing back the inception of civilization, indefinitely back in time

Evidence of coastal civilizations existing during the ice age are arising in now inundated coastal region due to rising seas.

The concept of a missing link is no longer postulated as a bush of hominids lineages walked  the earth. With what was once considered ancestors, actually being contemporary with postulated descendants. A bush of hominids actually existed as recently as 30,0000 B.C.E.

Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life.

Our very existence is interwoven with the anthropic principle. As such this has required scientist to postulate the multiverse to explain how the anthropic principle is mindlessly satisfied by nature. However this just substitutes one unfalsifiable believe for another.

In truth, Darwin's world has been shattered and the truth has become intractable. Even as we cope with dark matter and energy. Terms that falsely connote that we have defined them, when in fact they are no more apparent than God. As such new scientific theories continue to emerge based on the inadequacy of the standard model. This will continue into infinitum since, as God there is no means to detect these alleged entities with scientific instrumentation.

Views: 4055

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It says it in the synoptic gospels. Try www.biblegateway.com, for good searches.

Believe it or not Michaelmas, I keep that website on an open tab - I use it to debunk the Bible on my website. Exactly where on that site would I find the reference of which you speak?

keep his ass on the fire my friend!! he won't listen, but the dialogue is good!!

Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If that's a question, we use "?" for that. And, no, it is not predicated on any scientific theories. It is predicated on the fact that there is no reasonable evidence to assume any type of deity or supernatural being exists. Lacking such evidence, many (in my experience most) turn to science to explain the mysteries of the Universe rather than an old book, and if no such answer exists, look for them using the scientific method, which is, to date, the best model for figuring out why things are. Glad to have answered your question. Have a nice day.

The Fallacy is that you are using the same instruments you are using to detect Dark Matter. To date no scientific instrument has detected Dark Matter. If I can postulate an invisible God exists and can create invisible things from the unseen reality that he creates from, Dark Matter would be a candidate for the unseen created by the unseen. Scripture does speak also of the seen being created from that which does not appear as well as the unseen. Using a Carl Sagan metaphor, you are bound in flatland. You do not even have the where with all to begin to intimate about the invisible, unless the invisible has revealed to you. 

Unseen - I think he's playing your song!

"Dark Matter would be a candidate for the unseen created by the unseen. Scripture does speak also of the seen being created from that which does not appear as well as the unseen."

Michael - Why do you misrepresent scientific method?  You know that dark matter is not claimed as truth, you also know that the hypothesis that postulates the existence dark matter is falsifiable. Present the falsifiable hypothesis for your postulation of an invisible God that exists and can create invisible things from the unseen reality that he creates (a link to a published paper in a reputable science journal will do).

The nonbaryonic may not be subject to experimentation. This may include both dark matter and God. As such both unfalsifiable.

Michael - Your claim, that a God that cannot be detected at all may be "nonbaryonic matter", is purposely intellectually dishonest. 

That dark matter is postulated at all, is because an effect is evident through experiment and observation - "nonbaryonic dark matter" is evident through its gravitational effect. 

There are a number of competing theories to explain the effect and they broadly fall into the categories of modified gravity laws and quantum gravity laws. 

Should WIMPS be detected then we will have a very viable explanation for dark matter. This would also be a major boost for the supersymetry hypothesis.

Should any of the competing hypotheses gain ascendancy then the hypothesis for dark matter will have effectively been falsified.

The current hypothesis for "nonbaryonic dark matter" is dependent on supersymetry which in it's current form is effectively falsifiable in a number of ways, one newsworthy candidate is the nature and mass of the Higgs Boson.

There is also a fifth force being postulated now. The Chameleon force to account for dark matter and energy. The Hadron LHC has found what appears to be the Higgs particle at 14Gigavolts/c^2. But there is a bigger particle accelerator being proposed in the States. However the Hadron LHC will at least match the energy of the big bang. Surpassing that energy level in the States sounds scary, however we should not be afraid of any black holes since upon birth they would quiclkly Harkins radiate away (evaporate).

No, no... there's no fallacy. You asked a question. I answered it. That's how that thing works. Atheism is not predicated on any scientific theories. Here's your receipt. Have a nice day.

Ryan, you neglected to ask if he'd like fries with that --

RSS

Forum

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 56 minutes ago. 27 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 5 hours ago. 12 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 63 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 9 hours ago. 7 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service