Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If so, then such a belief is subject to drastic changes as discoveries and theories

have recently arose that shatter the paradigm that is the foundation of such a belief:

Discoveries keep pushing back the inception of civilization, indefinitely back in time

Evidence of coastal civilizations existing during the ice age are arising in now inundated coastal region due to rising seas.

The concept of a missing link is no longer postulated as a bush of hominids lineages walked  the earth. With what was once considered ancestors, actually being contemporary with postulated descendants. A bush of hominids actually existed as recently as 30,0000 B.C.E.

Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life.

Our very existence is interwoven with the anthropic principle. As such this has required scientist to postulate the multiverse to explain how the anthropic principle is mindlessly satisfied by nature. However this just substitutes one unfalsifiable believe for another.

In truth, Darwin's world has been shattered and the truth has become intractable. Even as we cope with dark matter and energy. Terms that falsely connote that we have defined them, when in fact they are no more apparent than God. As such new scientific theories continue to emerge based on the inadequacy of the standard model. This will continue into infinitum since, as God there is no means to detect these alleged entities with scientific instrumentation.

Views: 4045

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ahh - proof positive that the ancient art of Copy/Paste rules again!

RE: "They arrive at these dates by counting the sequence of regnal years backwards from the birth of Jesus. But, this is not as simple as it sounds."

I'm sure that's true. Rohl makes the dates more accurate by counting backward from the birth of a man for whom there is no historical record whatever. That makes sense.

What I'm getting from this, is that every time a date didn't fit Rohl's needs, he warped, twisted and mashed it until it did. Good to know.

Whoops, here we have a date that doesn't say what we want it to say - well, we'll just keep looking until we find something with a date that does, then we'll make up an explanation as to why THIS date is the real truth, and toss everything else --

And no, you're not knuckle dragging Habilis - knuckle dragging Habilis isn't even bright enough to KNOW that he's knuckle dragging Habilis. (Your cry of the great bull ape needs work too --)

I really do hope you are feeling better after your little purge - a pat on the head is needed, I know - TA should be charging you for all the fabulous information, insight and wisdom being imparted to you - free of charge - how good is that.

I give you an A++ for the ability to Copy/Paste - you have passed that exam - Bravo you. Do you think you could find evidence concerning my lovely White Unicorn - I really would be pleased.

Bad Juju might still happen, there is a very long list of ugly things that 'could' happen just because of global warming, but this not seem mentioned by/during Michael's tirades. Maybe 'blowing smoke out his..' while mildly alarming, does not rise to the level of 'get your bucket list finished'. Motivating I or others to 'be saved' is not really working, and the people I would have to share the stage with during my 'saving', would be more nutty than spice cake!

As Michael has many times, tangentially mentioned, the 'sky is falling'. But maybe the fall is only in the eyes of extremists, mostly. I take a more balance approach, 'things change, like the weather, sometimes you are the bug, other times the windshield'. I hope to live a kinder life even than this, but I have no guarantees... 

@James Cox - why did you delete your poem? I had a great response, which I refuse to waste, despite its absence:

Haiku?
I haiku too!

I deleted nothing that I knew of. Maybe 'someone' in unpleased with prose of the 'disrespectful' kind?

I have one poem on my wall from a TA posting:

Too Many Assumptions and Assertions Defends the Vail,

Does The Vail Defend A Hiding God,

Or Just A Sale? 

Sorry James, it wasn't you, it was Pope Paul - my bad.

twas from i, before reconsidering its (lack of) profundity and conventional english:

yes, event horizon, i like it too.

alas, perhaps our wretched souls are but mere spittles of hawking radiation

this post deserves so little space and time

this, fleeting post

waves goodbye

The wave and waver remain me thinks,

As Elijah spins upon his staff.

Monkeys clothed, but barely so,

Thinking thoughts in trees,

Waving in the Brease!

Wait, the pride of monkey priests,

Dressed in spider silk and leaves,

Slide in on slippery words and wet mossy things,

Also waving in the Brease.

One Michael, all puffy with spider silk and flowery words,

Pontiflicates to the throngs of imaginings,

As monkeys, barely clothed, throw turdy metaphors,

That hope for one that sticks!

GOOD WORK, James Cox! I don't normally think of my metaphors as turdy, but, hey - if it sticks, throw it!

As poetry goes, I've never been able to create anything more than,

"I see a tree,
Hee, hee, hee --"

On sticking, Michael, all puffy with spider silk and flowery words,

Pontificates with no effect, but sluffing off his soiled rag,

Continues as if in jest.

'Monkeys, minds of turdy metaphor hear ME!'

Another well placed lob penetrates the brease,

'God sees all and knows all, why do you displease him so?'

A little monkey, barely clothed, sqeeks up,

'you seem funny dressed in spider webs and leaves',

'why do you make such a show, since our tree is tall, and so very small'.

'the sky above is a preety blue, and the ground we never visit'

'big bitty and clawy things await us there, does god live among these?' 

'No my little one, no, God is among the great and nobel ones, he does not bit or claw, but loves us monkeys in our tree.'

Don't hold your breath, Michael.

Ignore him, Michael - PLEASE hold your breath! I'll tell you when to quit --

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

"Probably won't report".....

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 27 minutes ago. 19 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 37 minutes ago. 64 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 1 hour ago. 63 Replies

Analyzing Ferguson

Started by Unseen in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Simon Mathews 1 hour ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service