Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If so, then such a belief is subject to drastic changes as discoveries and theories

have recently arose that shatter the paradigm that is the foundation of such a belief:

Discoveries keep pushing back the inception of civilization, indefinitely back in time

Evidence of coastal civilizations existing during the ice age are arising in now inundated coastal region due to rising seas.

The concept of a missing link is no longer postulated as a bush of hominids lineages walked  the earth. With what was once considered ancestors, actually being contemporary with postulated descendants. A bush of hominids actually existed as recently as 30,0000 B.C.E.

Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life.

Our very existence is interwoven with the anthropic principle. As such this has required scientist to postulate the multiverse to explain how the anthropic principle is mindlessly satisfied by nature. However this just substitutes one unfalsifiable believe for another.

In truth, Darwin's world has been shattered and the truth has become intractable. Even as we cope with dark matter and energy. Terms that falsely connote that we have defined them, when in fact they are no more apparent than God. As such new scientific theories continue to emerge based on the inadequacy of the standard model. This will continue into infinitum since, as God there is no means to detect these alleged entities with scientific instrumentation.

Views: 4018

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our ancestors were all "negroid specimens" before they left Africa.

No man, right at the foundation of your premise is a large carck, thats where all the mouisture is coming from. Atheism has nothing to do with evolution. I could beleive that humanity is the product of intermating between aliens and monkeys, but that god does not exist and I'de still be an atheist, or that people grew from pea pods, or fell overboard while on a space cuze landed on earth and began repopulating. Like wise I could beleive in god, and beleive that god acted as an igniting factor in the process of evolution (as many do), and I would still be a theist.

True, but is was Darwin's Theory that gave rise to Europes agnosticism during the Victorian age and help spurn the overt moral decline though behind closed doors it probably was more of the same. 

Moral decline? thats like your opinion. I would say that morality has increased exponentialy since the victorian age. Supression of racial and social minoritys, subjugation of women, and domination of peoples personal and sexual lives is about as immoral as you can get. I don't think the improvments in human understanding and society have as much to do with the rise of darwins theories as they do with the fall of religion. Religion dies more and more each day, on it's very own merits, with no need for outside concepts to exert pressure on it. Darwin simply made some observations about divergant evolution, if thats enough to crumble the foundation of the abrahamic religions, then perhase that is only more proof that the abrahamic religions desperately deserve crumbling. There has never, ever, been such a thing as a witch Michael, but there have been a lot of innocent people burned alive. Thats the nature and the legacy of religion, people playing make-belive at the expense of other peoples freedom and safety.

I believe if the Roman Parochial authorities had not  waged all out war on those that keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ, during both Pagan and so called Christian Roman Empire (big time misnomer ). There would be Oracles of God alive to do miracles, and quiet the mouth of the foolish. I can't wait until the Woman ( the persecuted true church) comes out of the wilderness and closes the heavens and turn rivers in to blood and smite the earth with plagues as often as they desire and if any man will hurt them, fire comes out of their mouths (the Spirit) and destroys their enemies.

You look forward to rivers of blood?  PLEASE seek medication.

Many shall come from the East and the West and shall see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the Kingdom of God, but you, yourself thrust out. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. In that day every valley shall be exalted and every mountain and hill made low, the crooked straight and the roughs places plain. And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace, of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end upon the throne of David and upon his kingdom, to rule it to order it, with justice and righteousness, henceforth and for ever, the jealous zeal of the Lord of Host shall accomplish this. 

Yada yada yada. Heard all of this before and then some.

I wish upon you a great day, try to take it before nothing else remains but crap.

"Do not despise the days of small beginnings" For we are persuaded by the immutability of his Counsel. "He could not swear by any higher, so he swore by himself" For with stammering lips and a tongue of a stranger shall he plead with his people, line must be upon line, and precept upon precept,.

RE: "shall see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob"

In his book, What Did the Bible Writers Know and When Did They Know It, William J. Dever, former Christian, current atheist, and biblical archaeologist for over 30 years in Israel informs us (emphasis, mine):

"While the Hebrew Bible in its present, heavily edited form cannot be taken at face value as history in the modern sense, it nevertheless contains much history."

He adds:"After a century of exhaustive investigation, all respectable archaeologists have given up hope of recovering any context that would make Abraham, Isaac, or Jacob credible 'historical' figures."

Throw away the book and rely on Living Oracles, the day is coming when they shall be revealed, for the  day is coming that shall burn like an Oven...Behod I send you Elijah the prophet...before the great and terrible day of the Lord.

So maybe Elijah has already shown up? Could you even tell if this is true? By 'God', I could be Elijah, and you are not listening to my message of 'loosen up, things are not as bad as you think!'

No rivers of blood, no dogs and cats living together, no biblical rewrites of history, or even an IRS investigation of Benny Hinn!

Sadly, I do a system check anytime I start thinking that I am anything more than a smart chimp in a suit.

RSS

Forum

The Cross

Started by Belle Rose in Religion and the Religious, Atheism and Atheists. Last reply by Davis Goodman 1 hour ago. 21 Replies

Help Think Atheist!

Started by David Smith in Theistic Arguments and Debate Help. Last reply by Simon Mathews 9 hours ago. 18 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by MikeLong 20 hours ago. 38 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service