Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If so, then such a belief is subject to drastic changes as discoveries and theories

have recently arose that shatter the paradigm that is the foundation of such a belief:

Discoveries keep pushing back the inception of civilization, indefinitely back in time

Evidence of coastal civilizations existing during the ice age are arising in now inundated coastal region due to rising seas.

The concept of a missing link is no longer postulated as a bush of hominids lineages walked  the earth. With what was once considered ancestors, actually being contemporary with postulated descendants. A bush of hominids actually existed as recently as 30,0000 B.C.E.

Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life.

Our very existence is interwoven with the anthropic principle. As such this has required scientist to postulate the multiverse to explain how the anthropic principle is mindlessly satisfied by nature. However this just substitutes one unfalsifiable believe for another.

In truth, Darwin's world has been shattered and the truth has become intractable. Even as we cope with dark matter and energy. Terms that falsely connote that we have defined them, when in fact they are no more apparent than God. As such new scientific theories continue to emerge based on the inadequacy of the standard model. This will continue into infinitum since, as God there is no means to detect these alleged entities with scientific instrumentation.

Views: 4028

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I question if you are seriously reading the thread. Here is an exerpt from what I quoted down thread:

--snip

Although dark matter is the most popular theory to explain the various astronomical observations of galaxies and galaxy clusters, there has been no direct observational evidence of dark matter. Some alternative theories have been proposed to explain these observations without the need for a vast amount of undetected matter. They broadly fall into the categories of modified gravity laws and quantum gravity laws. The difference between modified gravity laws and quantum gravity laws is that modified gravity laws simply propose alternative behaviour of gravity at astrophysical and cosmological scales, without any regard to the quantum scale. Both posit that gravity behaves differently at different scales of the universe, making the laws established by Newton and Einstein insufficient.

---snip

You are certainly allowed to talk from the top of head, but I strongly advise that you read the material first.

Michael, black matter is "observed" in the same way black holes are. We know both exist because their existence explains the effects they have.

Still your presumption that dark matter can not be observed is incorrect. It can be observed in the same way as everything can be observed, threw it's effects on light and matter. What else is there that we can see than this? Furthermore this is not a new discussion and everything you are writing about is nicely summed up in the M-theory. Please google it. If you do not like it you can dabble with your own theory or religion as much as you want. But don't ask me for help to fill in the holes for a theory based on fallacies such as evolution being wrong or gravity not being a factor. The Universe is both endlessly big and endlessly small, it is natural that it is home to several powers working together to create a whole. That some of these powers at times work against each other does not mean that they one of them is wrong. And about the creation of life there are several experiments that have been able to at least show parts of it and create theories. As quantum mechanics prosper I'm sure that these theories will evolve. 

Atheism is not a belief, it is a none belief. I dont know what the hell you were talking about as I did not make it past that statement. I know the rest of it has to be a bunch of hoo hah

At least you know that. but follow thread I will flesh things out when asked.

In your search what kind of belief do you want to find? Or do you think you already know what we believe? This is the question that nobody seems to have an answer for.

Unfortunately our believes are influence by prevailing paradigms. Lets first shatter things that were assume true years ago, that current knowlege can't support. Then we will see clearly to formulate a belief. The Emperor Constantine imposed by the sword, Roman Christian Orthodoxy by the sword. The world is still reeling from this false form of Christianty being imposed upon it. It now influence over 1 billion people upon the planet.

For years I thought that it took as much faith to believe in 'God', as not. Sadly the more I experience theists, the more I wondered about my first assertion. Theists seem to be a very desparate lot, trying to keep their view alive, by befuddled reasoning and misuse of the sciences, which they most times popo.

It is possible that I could be misusing theists as a justification of my rather stable atheist position, but since their 'God' is unavailable, they are what I have left as witnesses. I tend to fall into the trap of 'decidability', thinking at first, that an agnostic position was the most honest, but now just maybe it is wrong thinking.

The existence of "God' should not be about me, any more than the force of gravity, or kenetics. My belief, interest, fixation, etc should have no bearing on a being that is said to transcend the human. But the only source of 'validation' for this existence seems to come from believers.

When I look at nature deeply, I see little to no indication of the action of a loving god, but only what I take for impersonal forces in action. The flowery words and seeming learned commentaries of theists seem to have no connection to a reality that I experience, and many times find more mysterious than any colorful ancient prose could describe. In short the theist edifice of words hardly touches the surface of a reality that seems greater than any 'God' that could be created or supposed by humans. Saying this does not denigh the universe anything, it might just continue on its way with or without us tagging along.

If there is no 'God', this 'fact' should have no bearing upon the continuation of belief. It has not stopped theists from spinning yarns and continuing to add to the growing library of heart felt prose so far.

If 'God' is so very hard to find, will this continue? I think so, but I do not know. It seems more gainful to study nature, than to add just one more title to the list of 'inspirational readings'. If 'God' graces us with his/her/its presence at some future time, maybe he/she/it will have the kindness to consider leaving us a proper forwarding address..;p)        

I see your point. But I have another possibility. Spiritual warfare in the heavenlies, that explains everything from the cacophony of beliefs on earth up to and including crazy mass murderers. 

I believe warfare is the explanation for the casual loveless observation. But it was not so before the man of Sin fell to the earth. The man of Sin lives in the hearts of most of us. Fortunately the threat of civil laws keep most of us in line. And Civil laws have been set in order by God. Such laws foreshadow the condemnation of the man of Sin on judgement day. And God's law condemn sin in the flesh so that no man is justified in his sight, accept through Christ. God's law include all men under sin. Thus God law points only to Christ as Salvation. No man has seen God at anytime, only the Son of God, he has declared his Name. 

You believe that a war in heaven is a serious explanation to why things are as they are, really? I'm shocked at your stupidity.

Whether you were  Christian or Muslim you may have encountered this in your studies already. It has nothing to do with stupidity. If you want to offend 2 billion people upon the planet, have at it.

@Michael - if your god is all powerful, how is it he can 1) allow a celestial war to begin in the first place, and, 2) not win it instantly?

Did it ever occur to you Michael, that in Man's long-distant past, Earth may have been visited by beings from another star system, who explained to early Man that on their planet, a great war was raging, and since these beings were capable of so many things that sheep-herders could not understand, the beings were considered gods, and their planet, heaven?

That makes as much sense as anything you've said --

RSS

Forum

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Ward Cressin 39 minutes ago. 7 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 2 hours ago. 46 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 3 hours ago. 20 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service