Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If so, then such a belief is subject to drastic changes as discoveries and theories

have recently arose that shatter the paradigm that is the foundation of such a belief:

Discoveries keep pushing back the inception of civilization, indefinitely back in time

Evidence of coastal civilizations existing during the ice age are arising in now inundated coastal region due to rising seas.

The concept of a missing link is no longer postulated as a bush of hominids lineages walked  the earth. With what was once considered ancestors, actually being contemporary with postulated descendants. A bush of hominids actually existed as recently as 30,0000 B.C.E.

Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life.

Our very existence is interwoven with the anthropic principle. As such this has required scientist to postulate the multiverse to explain how the anthropic principle is mindlessly satisfied by nature. However this just substitutes one unfalsifiable believe for another.

In truth, Darwin's world has been shattered and the truth has become intractable. Even as we cope with dark matter and energy. Terms that falsely connote that we have defined them, when in fact they are no more apparent than God. As such new scientific theories continue to emerge based on the inadequacy of the standard model. This will continue into infinitum since, as God there is no means to detect these alleged entities with scientific instrumentation.

Views: 4010

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is also a song, "Short people have no reason to live", but according to Forrest Gump's mother, "Stupid is what stupid does"

This is wrong in every sense but one. Science changes with knowledge, unlike religion. You need education. 

I have three degrees under my belt and I am published in two technical journals, but yes education is endless

Could you offer which journals, or do you only pretend to such a standing?

Computers & Chemical Engineering, Proceedings of the ASME Pressure Vessel and Piping Conference. Paper submitted to Physical Review (paper received mixed review due to prevailing skepticism on the existence of Quasi-crystals discovered by Dr. Shechtman in 1984. Today he has the Nobel Prize.

Thanks for the title, but what is the date?

A friend of mine worked as a mathematics prof. for a while. He kept getting these papers from folks that had a rudimentry understanding of high end ideas and attempted to forage on new ground.  

A few times I was able to look these papers over, and came away with a funny insight. One paper dealed with the idea that chaos theory could have a bearing on number theory. The point being that in a series of numbers, as the values increase, there is a point where knowing where you are in the series becomes problematic. Sadly, even large whole numbers can be identified by an increment of difference between them. If chaos intrudes, it is only in the mind pursueing the matter. The dear fellow wanted so much to establish new ground, but failed to check his work in even a basic way, 'rethinking the problem from a different direction'.

I feel that our dear Michael could be doing something like this, but my fregency to be in error is above zero..;p)   

You stopped me dead in my tracks with the word "fregency." What does this word mean? I googled, but a quick reading didn't help me with a meaning. Dictionary.com doesn't know it. Is it a typo? I tried plugging in "frequency." That didn't reslt in a clear meaning for me.

Gold stars on your file are not degrees, and a nurse putting your finger-painting up on the ward does not count as being 'published', ok, Michael?

@ Michael

"Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science."

To get back on topic: NO. An atheist requires no knowledge of evolution or prevailing views of science to adopt an atheistic stance. Atheism simply is a lack of belief in any god(s).

Evolution, natural selection, and scientific phenomena do lend support to an atheistic position as no supernatural force/entity is required for these processes to exist and continue. But if evolution was some how proven to not actually exist the idea of invisible beings would be no more credible. Theists are too inclined to use god as an explanation for that which we don't presently understand. That is fallacious.

The Buddha was not a theist and he had no knowledge of evolution.

Good point, but this may also depend on how you define God. Some may just defined God as the Astronomical luck that science writes off as  the Multiverse to put us here or some quality of the Multiverse that make life inevitable.

RSS

Forum

Living freely.

Started by Quincy Maxwell in Society. Last reply by Ed 2 minutes ago. 22 Replies

Deepak's challenge

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas 10 minutes ago. 25 Replies

Ken Hamm at it again

Started by Noel in Small Talk 22 minutes ago. 0 Replies

It happened

Started by Belle Rose in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Davis Goodman 7 hours ago. 70 Replies

Disorders of Sex Development

Started by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp in Small Talk. Last reply by Tor Hershman 9 hours ago. 3 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 0 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service