Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If so, then such a belief is subject to drastic changes as discoveries and theories

have recently arose that shatter the paradigm that is the foundation of such a belief:

Discoveries keep pushing back the inception of civilization, indefinitely back in time

Evidence of coastal civilizations existing during the ice age are arising in now inundated coastal region due to rising seas.

The concept of a missing link is no longer postulated as a bush of hominids lineages walked  the earth. With what was once considered ancestors, actually being contemporary with postulated descendants. A bush of hominids actually existed as recently as 30,0000 B.C.E.

Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life.

Our very existence is interwoven with the anthropic principle. As such this has required scientist to postulate the multiverse to explain how the anthropic principle is mindlessly satisfied by nature. However this just substitutes one unfalsifiable believe for another.

In truth, Darwin's world has been shattered and the truth has become intractable. Even as we cope with dark matter and energy. Terms that falsely connote that we have defined them, when in fact they are no more apparent than God. As such new scientific theories continue to emerge based on the inadequacy of the standard model. This will continue into infinitum since, as God there is no means to detect these alleged entities with scientific instrumentation.

Views: 4085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And that's a fact :)

Interesting.

RE: "that trolls or fairies are in the habit of stealing human infants and replacing them with their own bizarre offspring"

With all due respect Richard, I'm at a loss as to how else to explain Little George W or Rick Santorum --

Can we consider 'Intelligent Design' in reference to Little George W or Rick Santorum? Pat Robertson also? If 'God' is 'intelligent', would he create such as these? Or Is this the result of genetic variation, social conditioning, and insuffient exposure to a predator/prey event?

More likely the result of a faulty condom --

They are xians, they breed like rabbits, no condoms - and now you have another catholic in Paul Ryan - this is getting scarier by the minute.

@Michael -  I don't want secondary evidence, I want tangible, real life evidence - so that I, can also, have a choice, to live in fear, and worship a misogynistic buffoon, or not. 

My, my, which one shall I choose. By your telling, your god made a really big blunder in "His Own Image", so your god must have raped, had concubines and slaves, and had women and children slaughtered. Lovely. How do you get past this, how do you ignore all the murder and mayhem.

Rock and Roll is alive and well. Black Sabbath Rules.

no god, no yahweh, no jesus, no allah, no miracles, no prophesies, no angels, no ghosts, no fear. All myth and legend - and horrible myth and legend at that.

"Agonizing Martyrdom" - You can  have that one too - how sick is this - are you in the "I flay myself till I bleed' camp. It's a really sick person who thinks up this insidious martyrdom rubbish.

Why couldn't those desert, uneducated dolts make up really good stories of love and harmony.

RE: "Why couldn't those desert, uneducated dolts make up really good stories of love and harmony."

Because, regrettably, that wasn't what they experienced in their daily lives.

And now, you have running for Vice-President, Paul Ryan, rampant, froth at the mouth catholic. He wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act, that prohibits insurance companies from discriminating against those with pre-existing conditions.  He opposes 'the religious-affiliated institutions provide insurance coverage for birth control. He opposes federally funded family planning services and against funding international family planning programs.

Then there is tax reform for business....Oh, if only they had used condoms, a fourteen second bonk, and people end up with these miscreants.

"No, atheism is not predicated on belief in evolution, heliocentrism, or rock n' roll.  Atheism is, by definition, a lack of belief.  I don't believe in Yahweh, just as I don't believe in Allah, Zeus, or Mr. Darcy.  I don't believe in these people because I've never seen them, heard them, felt them, smelled them, or otherwise sensed them."

Do accept secondary evidence, like miracles, fulfilled prophecies and the choice to bear agonizing martyrdom in the face of freedom with renouncement?

@Michael

The choice to bear agonizing martyrdom is just a choice - it is not evidence of anything more than the power of the same brainwashing which has destroyed your mind.

I'll give you $1000 for hard evidence of a single miracle. I expect you to give me $1000 when you cannot provide such evidence. PM me for my mailing address so you can send the cheque.

'Fulfilled prophecy' counts for nothing in a book that even you declare is nothing more than cherry cobbler.

The Catholic Church claims to have hard evidence of miracles backed by investigations and medical doctors. I will humour that something supernatural may have happen, I just question the source because I know that Catholicism is apart of Babylon the Mysterious. I have friends from Jamaica and Haiti that have wittness supernatural occurances in the church and outside of the church. Once again I question the source of the power, since these regions are steep in witchcraft, just as Africa. And remember what happen to Aldous Huxley when he dabbled into the black arts.

You seem like a relatively intelligent person, except for your obsessive rants about Babylon, which makes me wonder what you really know about the real Babylon. The only reason Babylon, in modern Iraq, is featured so negatively in Hebrew literature, is because the Hebrews were taken into captivity in Babylon in 722 BCE. When they were finally released by the Persians (Iranians), many chose to remain in Babylon.

Custom was, in those times, when a power arose and took over other city-states, the power expected the city-state to pay tribute. The Israelis holed up in  Jerusalem, and for a time, withstood a Babylonian siege, but were finally forced to capitulate. Instead of being butchered, as the Israelis had done so often to the residents of other cities THEY had captured, they were shown more mercy than they had been willing themselves to show, and were taken captive and transported to Babylon, where they were treated comparatively well. To blame Babylon, in John's time, for presumed injuries suffered 700+ years earlier, is even worse than blaming 21st century Germans for the atrocities of WW II.

RSS

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service