Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution and the current prevailing views of science.

If so, then such a belief is subject to drastic changes as discoveries and theories

have recently arose that shatter the paradigm that is the foundation of such a belief:

Discoveries keep pushing back the inception of civilization, indefinitely back in time

Evidence of coastal civilizations existing during the ice age are arising in now inundated coastal region due to rising seas.

The concept of a missing link is no longer postulated as a bush of hominids lineages walked  the earth. With what was once considered ancestors, actually being contemporary with postulated descendants. A bush of hominids actually existed as recently as 30,0000 B.C.E.

Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life.

Our very existence is interwoven with the anthropic principle. As such this has required scientist to postulate the multiverse to explain how the anthropic principle is mindlessly satisfied by nature. However this just substitutes one unfalsifiable believe for another.

In truth, Darwin's world has been shattered and the truth has become intractable. Even as we cope with dark matter and energy. Terms that falsely connote that we have defined them, when in fact they are no more apparent than God. As such new scientific theories continue to emerge based on the inadequacy of the standard model. This will continue into infinitum since, as God there is no means to detect these alleged entities with scientific instrumentation.

Views: 4054

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@ Kris Feenstra

"I'm sorry, but you're just accepting evidence that confirms your position and casting off evidence of exactly equal bearing that doesn't mesh with your view. If you aren't capable of even a modicum of objectivity, there is no point in continuing this dialogue."  What I am saying is that they are paradigm bound. They have no recourse but to speculate that KS simply did not pass on it's morphological phenotype. But from my hypothesis I postulate a complete break occurring 7000 BCE.  At present I see no smoking gun for me through my hypothesis aside but discoveries are made everyday. I will  be vigilant as always. 

I get what you're saying, but these morphological phenotypes do not contradict the general hypothesis that moder H. sapiens sapiens evolved over a time span extending far beyond seven thousand years.  

The DNA evidence does contradict your hypothesis. Unlikely explanations are required to make it work.

OMD, first page, last page, smack self.  Now I remember why I don't look at Micheal induced threads.  More power to the rest of you with patience.

Ralph

Dude, really? You've been active on TA for how long? And you still don't know the answer to that? I'll give you a hint; Socrates was an atheist, and he didn't know shit about evolution.

Also, you're confusing abiogenesis with evolution again, as far as I can tell from reading your unintelligible screed. Would you please learn to write better than 5th grade level before you post again? It's really difficult to understand what you're saying.

"Though theories of evolution abound no working scientific model exists for the emergence of life."  is what I said and there is no confusion of  abiogenesis with evolution. Judging from your statement, you must do more than just skim read to follow the thread. 

"Is atheism predicated partially on the belief in evolution?"

Although the question posed is pretty simple, you've assured that discussion about it would go so far all over the map and off the map that the whole exercise of logical thought and debate becomes one big mass of a hundred, unrelated arguments. There's no way anything will be proven or well understood in this thread, now. We might as well postulate that the world is flat, or ignore thousands of other scientific discoveries that the bible had no clue about and was clearly not written to address.

There's no way I can get into the minutia of each of the unscientific statements you make. All I recommend to readers is to come back in 10 years and see how right or wrong most of Michael's statements are. That's the way science works. It never claims to have perfect knowledge; the purpose of science is to keep learning more and more, self-correct previous theories, and constantly improve them. Dark Matter is an excellent example of a theory that explains things, but not perfectly, and a theory that will improve over time. If you don't understand this aspect of science, you might as well go back to believing that disease is caused by an imbalance of humors, before we learned about pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, toxins, prions, and so on.

Michael's whole point of this discussion seems to center around what cannot yet be proven. He then uses "faith" to believe what he wants to, as if science is all just pure, speculation. In fact, Michael seems to be inferring here that it is the purpose of science to disprove God or Bible.

Meanwhile, science will continue to make new discoveries and will continue to make better and better theories and predictions about the nature of reality, discoveries and predictions that actually turn into real life. Anyone who doesn't appreciate this might as well stop thinking entirely, and go back to the days of Flat Earth.

I still recommend that readers look into the "science" that Michael is trying to bring to your attention. Yes, question everything, especially "science". It takes time, and trial and error, but the truth eventually comes out. Remember this every time you boil water, start your car, fly across the country or around our spherical earth, or survive some kind of bodily trauma that we would have died from only a hundred (or even just 10) years ago. What did the bible or any god ever have to do with any of this? The point is, science finds truth whether God exists or not; God can only exist based on faith, and the assumption that scripture is perfect and unchangeable.

Unfortunately, the written scripture can be corrupted. You must even take the written word with a grain of salt. I must rely on  Hebrew and Greek interlinears and Concordances. To much denominational sway has entered in.

RE: "Unfortunately, the written scripture can be corrupted."

SAY it isn't SO! How can scripture POSSIBLY be corrupted, when it was inspired by an incorruptible god? Is an omnipotent god unable to control how accurately his own inspirations turn out?

The true oracles of God are living and immutable, but parochial authorities have and will put them to death.

It says a lot about your god, that he allows that --

If they killed their Lord, how much less are the oracles of God to sacrificed at the appointed time. This is the meaning of martyrdom. The Rome and RCC have done its share of killing the Holy and Elect. Being drunk with the blood of the martyrs, God has sent Babylon (Rome) strong spirits of delusions such that it presents itself as a fount of truth, when it fact it is the very fount of abominations like its sister, Constantinople, which also sits geographically on seven hills. as prophesied.

As a christian Michael, can you enlighten me please.

In Leviticus 15:28-30 New International Version - NIV

28 “‘When she is cleansed from her discharge, she must count off seven days, and after that she will be ceremonially clean. 29 On the eighth day she must take two doves or two young pigeons and bring them to the priest at the entrance to the tent of meeting. 30 The priest is to sacrifice one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. In this way he will make atonement for her before the Lord for the uncleanness of her discharge.

Should I have to buy and then erect a tent, to meet the priest, then should I start breeding doves or pigeons (there is a choice) or does the church supply them, to sacrifice one ( how is this one killed, chopping it's head off).

And the other, for a burnt offering (is this one already dead, or is it gently put into the fire, whilst still alive.

I will need thirteen pigeons or doves per year.

The other question I have for you Michael, if I am unclean, because I have periods, the Lord Omnipotent God, gave me the ability to have children, and without periods, I could not have children. Can you see my dilemma here?

Thank you so much for your input, wisdom and knowledge in advance :)

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 2 hours ago. 201 Replies

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Ed 4 hours ago. 1 Reply

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Virgil 4 hours ago. 114 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Ron Humphrey 5 hours ago. 20 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 9 hours ago. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service