Is atheism included in God's ultimate plan? Any Christians please riddle me this...

I was deep in thought today at work, and remembered how I was told that I 'was formed in my mother's womb by God himself.'  Here is Psalm 139:13-16 from the New Living Translation:

13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
      and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
 14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
      Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
 15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
      as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
 16 You saw me before I was born.
      Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
   Every moment was laid out
      before a single day had passed.

If this is the case, let me throw a hypothetical (but not so hypothetical) at you.  Let's say two gay atheist men get married.  One worked on Wall St. and the other a very successful business man, therefore they are financially sound.  They want children of their own and come up with a genius idea:  to take one of their sperm samples, and an egg from the sister of the other, artificially inseminate, and the sister act as a surrogate mother.  The money is there to cover all expenses, and the sister is more than supportive and decides to show her support by agreeing to carry the child to term.

1. Would this baby in the womb, being created by two people who 1) don't believe in God, and 2) are a practicing gay couple (the downfall of America according to Pat Robertson), still be totally built by God AND be included in God's ultimate plan?

2. Will the child still be a part of God's plan even though the child (male and female twins in this case) will most likely grow up to be atheist?  According to the above excerpt from one great piece of fictional literature, yes.

3. So would it be fair to argue that atheism is a part of God's plan?

This 'hypothetical' is actually not hypothetical at all.  A man I used to work for years ago was married to the man of his dreams and they went through with this.  My boss's sister carried twins to term and bore them.  What a fantastic story.

Tags: artificial, atheism, atheist, bible, creationism, design, gay, god's, insemination, marriage, More…psalm, will

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Through history things we do not understand we choose god as an answer. The afterlife is something all religions had created to find a purpose of being good. Morality and region are separate. Because one is atheist it does not mean one is immoral. In fact being an atheist and being moral has more merit, because there in no fear from god. So your gay couple and adoption are two separate matters. I personally believe in gay marriage but people have the right to live their live as long as they do not harm anyone.

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service