Hello, everyone. I was an atheist until at the age of 27 I began to study the Bible in order to debunk it. I learned quickly that the Bible was grossly misrepresented by apostate Christendom's adoption of pagan teachings such as the immortal soul from Socrates, the trinity from Plato, the cross from Constantine, hell from Dante and Milton, Easter from Astarte, Christmas from the winter solstice celebrations, and most recently the Rapture from Darby.

Though I have never and will never be a part of organized religion, my beliefs are not entirely dissimilar to that of The Jehovah's Witnesses, due to the removal of the aforementioned pagan influence. I have studied briefly the history of the major world religions, Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Shintoism and Taoism and have published sacred and non-sacred texts from each of these online: The Dhammapada, Four Noble Truths, Paradise Lost, Divine Comedy, Analects Of Confucius, Bhagavad Gita, Qur'an, Pirqe Aboth, Nihongi, Kojiki, Tao Te Ching and Chuang Tzu.

Having been an atheist most of my life and given that nearly everyone I know is atheist, I think I understand and respect where most of you are coming from. I don't believe in "converting" anyone to anything, but I do think the atheist tends to be mislead when it comes to the Bible. Not that that matters much, except for that I do enjoy, given the opportunity, to correct them in thoughtful and polite discussion and debate.

I hope we can have some interesting conversations.

Views: 3322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And he who is a bubble,

Is Ruptured.

I'm reading this thread and thinking to myself - I've been gone, for what? 5 or 6 days? I have to laugh at the impressive atheist hero and martyr who has had to endure the abuse of the visiting theist.

I wonder, with a chuckle, do these people ever listen to themselves?

And I wonder if this reply is going to be one of the ones this dumb ass forum eats.

Conversion isn't the intention of a true Christian, it is education. As much as you all think you know the Bible and know what I'm doing here, you don't have a clue.

Indeed. You opened this discussion with a rather substantial one: "I do enjoy, given the opportunity, to correct [Atheists] in thoughtful and polite discussion and debate."

Admittedly, few of your comments are thoughtful and many are coarse and crude. So I suppose you could have been lying.   

And I wonder if this reply is going to be one of the ones this dumb ass forum eats.

Attention 'Rage Quit' voters: I hereby triple-down on 'moderator smite'.

Then again we could add a 'Serial Rage Quitter' or 'Rage, Quit, Sulk, Return' category to the ballot. 

I will go with Rage, quit, sulk return.

Ever ask yourselves why you always get the same reactions?

Ever ask yourselves why you always get the same reactions?

1. Crackpot: God is real!
2. Us: Evidence, please?
3. Crackpot: I have no evidence, you dumb ass.
4. Us: Sorry, we don't believe you.
5. Crackpot: (Enraged) THIS SHIT IS GOD! (Storms out or gets kicked out.)

That's a recurring pattern. See step three for the reason why. The crackpots change, and the language varies, but it always comes down to step three.  

pretty much what GM has written below and also the theist insistence that he has some new information he thinks we are unaware of

Do you?

How many websites did you say you had been banned from?

I'm with Onyango :)  Rage, quit, sulk, return.

It will be Rage, quit, sulk, return, rinse and repeat, until he does get the banhammer for the personal attacks, and calling out the moderators. So technically, everyone's a winner!

Atheist martyr? Did you just say atheist martyr?

Robert that made me laugh out loud, literally

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 2 minutes ago. 3 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 4 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.