Hello, everyone. I was an atheist until at the age of 27 I began to study the Bible in order to debunk it. I learned quickly that the Bible was grossly misrepresented by apostate Christendom's adoption of pagan teachings such as the immortal soul from Socrates, the trinity from Plato, the cross from Constantine, hell from Dante and Milton, Easter from Astarte, Christmas from the winter solstice celebrations, and most recently the Rapture from Darby.

Though I have never and will never be a part of organized religion, my beliefs are not entirely dissimilar to that of The Jehovah's Witnesses, due to the removal of the aforementioned pagan influence. I have studied briefly the history of the major world religions, Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Shintoism and Taoism and have published sacred and non-sacred texts from each of these online: The Dhammapada, Four Noble Truths, Paradise Lost, Divine Comedy, Analects Of Confucius, Bhagavad Gita, Qur'an, Pirqe Aboth, Nihongi, Kojiki, Tao Te Ching and Chuang Tzu.

Having been an atheist most of my life and given that nearly everyone I know is atheist, I think I understand and respect where most of you are coming from. I don't believe in "converting" anyone to anything, but I do think the atheist tends to be mislead when it comes to the Bible. Not that that matters much, except for that I do enjoy, given the opportunity, to correct them in thoughtful and polite discussion and debate.

I hope we can have some interesting conversations.

Views: 3322

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why am I here? Why are you here? Why do you ask?

I've said it before. I'm here to educate the atheist misconceptions of the Bible. For discussion and debate.

You believe in a great flood that encompassed the entire planet?

How did all the fish survive, saltwater fish can't survive in fresh water and fresh can't survive the salt. Did it rain fresh or salt water?

What did all these creatures eat on their long walk back across the planet, all vegetation would have died off from being under water for so long and all other sources of food would have died in the flood.

Did the penguins trek across the desert without food?

Tex:

These questions are for folks like DH to answer. He has taken on a fool's arrand, trying to make sense out of non-sense.

For us, moving on is the best cure, not taking on the nuttyness, our freedom. DH can write commentaries till they die of exhaustion, having wasted their time with a hall of mirrors. Looking at their body of 'work', as their reward, turning more precious trees into a cultural artifact.

Carry on DH.

So how many angels can dance on a pin head? Is the answer 'none', 'one', 'infinite', or 'what a bullshit question'?

As one who is here to educate atheists you seem to require a lot of education yourself.

You need education on etiquette, on logic and i don't know what else. We have a good time polling what will make you leave soonest, well because we miss a lot of the BS you spew here.

Do everyone a favour, either you start the teaching you intended to do or shut the fuck up. You can't go insulting everyone who disagrees with you besides I don't remember we wrote an application to have a teacher on bible misconceptions. If you have been keen, the respondents here can hold their fort on religion. 

Everyone is born atheist, so don't take any credit. Other people are lucky their parents are irreligious so they start to learn from a young age how BS religion is others come to it on their own.

Which school did you go to, that is if you went? You can't claim to have been an atheist for 27 years then come here to tell us you don't know the meaning of word deist, you commit logical fallacies and tell us shit is god, what the hell!

I've said it before. I'm here to educate the atheist misconceptions of the Bible. For discussion and debate.

Educating others involves imparting general knowledge and helping them develop powers of reason, judgment, and critical thinking. You come across as illiterate of basic empirical science, epistemology and critical thinking skills. But more importantly, you respond to difficult questions not with thoughtfulness or evidence, but with resistance, hostility, incongruity, ignorance, and abuse, while attacking others falsely for lacking substance and sense when they are only lacking in what you yourself assert. 

Your claims amount to this: the Bible doesn't mean what it says, or what any Christian religion says, the Bible means what YOU say.

When you first came here with that I really thought you were joking. I got the joke once I realized you weren't kidding, that you actually think you're some kind of scholar, capable of "educating" others in this way. That's an astounding joke and that you have no idea how feeble and childish you actually sound is what makes it so funny,    

Whether you stick around or disappear back where you came from, I would spare you any misconception that most of us experience you any other way.  

Yes, this is how 'truth' works for theists.  For the theist, truth is not discerned, rendered or distilled - it is asserted.  Entirely new cults can be founded simply by one personality being able to assert, over the weaker minded, the truth.  This leaves the theist unable to understand why such tactics do not work with Atheists - for the theist is unable to use evidence to persuade reason.

We're all SO relieved, we thought you had been raptured --

Arch,

The Rapture isn't a Bible teaching so it wouldn't surprise me if you had actually thought that. If I go any where it will likely be that I'm banned. I've posted something like 13 times in the Bible forum only to have the post deleted without reason.

I don't mind asshole atheists shooting their mouths off but I don't hang around forums where good stuff is deleted by asshole atheists.

Well, you can certainly feel free to not hang around here - I really can't see that you're contributing anything.

Well, you can certainly feel free to not hang around here - I really can't see that you're contributing anything.

Of course you can't. And then when I leave you react to that as well. Atheist forums are shinning examples of codependent personalities.

So why come to an atheist forum if you despise them so much? 

It seems to me that my understanding of polite thoughtful debate is not the same as your understanding of the same.  The reason that this thread is not a debate is simply that you are not posturing anything that can't be dealt with by kindergarten atheists. 

You want to have us all accept that the biblical sky was always believed to be empty space.  Take that piece out of the puzzle and you will immediately fall over the Noah's flood story.  Where did all the water come from to flood the world, if not from the watery firmament?

Actually, please don't tell me.  I'm pretty sure I will be left yearning for the GodDidIt explanation.

Our boy D.H. said:

"I don't mind asshole atheists shooting their mouths off but I don't hang around forums where good stuff is deleted by asshole atheists."

Well at least we're consistant....I just love "asshole atheists" they're so sweet. :)

AND

Damnit I missed all the "good stuff" that got deleted (and a small but deliberate tear appears at the edge of his eye).

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Davis Goodman 28 minutes ago. 9 Replies

Blog Posts

Dead man's Switch

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 11:29pm 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.